I'm on the Radio Tomorrow! (Mar 14)

I'm on the Radio Tomorrow! (Mar 14)

Postby Rommie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 am

The show in question is English Breakfast Radio, which is an English language morning show here in Amsterdam. I have a friend who sometimes works on it, and was kinda bored a few days ago so asked if they wanted an astronomer on sometime, answer to such a query is of course always yes. ;)

Even better news, you can stream it live on the Internet and the show will be archived on the page later. Even better for me not having to wake up super early, I don't go on until 8am (and will do two 8min interviews), so anyone wanting to tune in live this is starting on Friday March 14 @700 GMT. (We haven't had daylight savings yet in Europe.)

Guess I need to do some thinking still tonight on just how to explain that radio astronomers don't actually sit around listening to signals on headphones. :sos:
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Re: I'm on the Radio Tomorrow! (Mar 14)

Postby Swift » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:46 pm

:rockon:

Just think, we'll all be able to tell people that we knew Rommie before she was a big "star".

Just make sure, when you tape "Cosmos III" that you get the asteroid belt correct.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Re: I'm on the Radio Tomorrow! (Mar 14)

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Cool!
FZR1KG

Return to Hanging Around