happy thanksgiving, tsc!

Re: happy thanksgiving, tsc!

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Parrothead wrote:When I prepare the sauerkraut, it's basically one jar of sauerkraut in wine/vinegar, heated with an equal amount chopped cabbage with a bit of brown sugar and butter. Heat on low-medium, stirring occasionally until browned, but not burned. Yum.

That sounds really good! I was thinking of the canned stuff my mom used to force down my throat as a kid. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby brite » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:45 am

Always get the jarred or the stuff in the bags, my mother used to say....
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby cid » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:57 pm

geonuc wrote:
SciFiFisher wrote:
geonuc wrote:
Swift wrote:
Parrothead wrote:The sauerkraut comes from my estonian heritage, it is a nice side dish with turkey.

I can believe that. There is a bar around here that makes a really good turkey ruben (turkey instead of corned beef) and the turkey and kraut is a good combo.

Turkey reubens seem to be pretty popular in pubs here and often offered as a choice instead of corned beef.

Sacrilege! Heathens! .... sounds like it might be tasty with just a touch of cranberry sauce. :P

We do have a lot of heathens here, particularly in my neighborhood.

Cranberry sauce for formality, but Thousand Island Dressing for dipping... :drool:
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Previous

Return to Hanging Around