Mr. Pi

Mr. Pi

Postby Thumper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:40 pm

I know he was probably sad and disappointed Saturday afternoon. When all the yelling and over analyzing was over, I thought it was a typical OSU-Michigan game. Both teams stunted, and the game turns on a turnover or other slight opportunity. I hope Mr. Pi isn't a whiny b!tch like Harbaugh. He's an annoying disgrace. I wish he'd go back and disappear into the NFL. It's been (and will continue to be) a very interesting Big 10 season. I hope they continue to impress through the bowl season rather than rolling over collectively like they often do.

Anyway, my condolences.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Mr. Pi

Postby pumpkinpi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Actually, Buster was the one who was more upset. He was crying for quite a while afterward and didn't want me around!

MrPi is a reasonable fan. Many people complained about the officiating (I don't know the details) and he agreed it was bad, but he admitted that Michigan lost it themselves by giving up the two touchdowns. No need to go blaming other people when you did something wrong in the first place---unlike a certain president-elect I know.

He's very pleased, of course, that THE Ohio State University ( :roll: ) is not in the Big 10 championship, of course!
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby Thumper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:49 pm

Awww, I feel bad for Buster. :(

You open up a giant unmanageable can of worms if you start questioning every call. It used to be a fine if coaches griped publicly about calls. But I doubt Harbaugh would care, he's just a d!ck. Meyer isn't that much better and I'm no fan of his, or any of these diva head coaches. It's supposed to be about the schools and the players. That went out the window a while back.

OSU played poor enough to lose and Michigan did not take advantage of it.

I forget, are you a PSU fan or just a Buckeye hater?
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby pumpkinpi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Buckeye hater by marriage....I grew up in Lansing so Michigan State is really my team, which means Michigan is considered a rival. I don't really care that much about "rivalries," I just like when the Michigan teams win. But MrPi grew up a UofM fan so he introduced me to the hatred of OSU, as well as of Notre Dame.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby Thumper » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Well, everyone hates Notre Dame. :P

My Father taught up in East Lansing back around the time The Kid was born. So he became an instant Spartans fan. Some of that rubbed off. I certainly root for the Spartans everywhere except against the Buckeyes. Certainly against Michigan.

Funny, both Mrs. T and I considered UofM when we were looking at colleges. As did The Kid very strongly. I was prepared for her to go there until it fell off her top 10 list. I've got UofM shirts in the closet. Not sure exactly what turned me against them other than the ever present Borglike power of Buckeye Nation. But they really irritate me now. They're in desperate need of a good reputable coach. I root for them out of conference as any Big 10 fan should. And they usually disappoint (as many Big 10 teams do).
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Return to Hanging Around