Little things I love/hate

Little things I love/hate

Postby pumpkinpi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Love:
We don't have a lot of young men (as in under 40) in our office. I just hired one, and he sits in an office with one of the others, just behind me. It's so fun hearing them become buddies. They are out on a lunch date. :D

Hate:
When I work up the nerve to start a conversation with someone new over email, and they respond right away saying call me! I'm free any time! I wish I had a few days to get over the anxiety of the email before getting into the anxiety of a phone call! :lol:
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Re: Little things I love/hate

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 am

In my work I talk with people a lot on the telephone. And I still get the jitters about calling people on the phone. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Swift » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:23 am

pumpkinpi wrote:When I work up the nerve to start a conversation with someone new over email, and they respond right away saying call me! I'm free any time! I wish I had a few days to get over the anxiety of the email before getting into the anxiety of a phone call! :lol:

I have no problem with email or in person, but I hate talking on the phone. I particularly have trouble calling someone, though I'm ok if you call me.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:53 am

Wow! So all of us have phone anxiety issues? What did we all do before email? I mean, I went through a brief phase as a teenager where I liked talking with my friends on the phone. And when I'm at a job, I can do phone calls with no problem. But I was so damn relieved that I could apply for hurricane relief online. What is that all about?
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby geonuc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 pm

I've always had issues with phone conversations, and I have anxiety issues dealing with strangers in general. Nothing new (although it is getting worse as I get older for some reason).
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:43 pm

geonuc wrote:I've always had issues with phone conversations, and I have anxiety issues dealing with strangers in general. Nothing new (although it is getting worse as I get older for some reason).

Same here. I don't like talking to ANYONE except my husband on the phone. I used to love talking to my best friend on the phone. Now, I prefer emailing with her. Lucky for me, she's the same way.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Hanging Around