Out of curiosity...

Out of curiosity...

Postby cid » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:36 pm

T shirt sizes.
Men's XXL = Ladies XXL?
Yesnomaybepossibleperhaps?
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Re: Out of curiosity...

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:10 am

cid wrote:T shirt sizes.
Men's XXL = Ladies XXL?

Short answer is no.

Men's sizes are usually rather straight forward. For example a man's XXL shirt is usually a 49-52" chest size. And you can pretty much bet that all men's shirts will follow that approximate measurement if they say XXL or 2X.

Women's sizes are likely to vary a bit. for example, there are women's size charts for petite, average, and plus size.

A woman's XXL for an average size shirt is about a 44" bust (chest). Also known as a woman's size 20. A plus size XXL shirt runs about 47.5 to 49" bust measurement and is called a size 22W.

Petite sizing usually stops at XL. And because manufacturers are not required to maintain a strict standard one manufactures size 22W is another's size 18W. IIRC part of the sizing issue with women is that stores realize that if they can sell you a dress that is 2 sizes smaller than the one you are wearing you will jump on it like a starving tiger on a staked out goat. Assuming you are into wearing dresses that is. :P

As a general rule of thumb a woman who wears an XXL can probably get away with XL in men's.

Edited to add: Actually, men are just as likely to fall for the smaller size label trick as women. Except we do it primarily with pants. That's why "Relaxed Fit" is one of the most popular sold sizes in the pants department. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby cid » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
Men's XXL = Ladies XXL?

...Short answer is no...

...As a general rule of thumb a woman who wears an XXL can probably get away with XL in men's...

:

Here's hoping my thumb is the same size as everyone else's.

Online shop for the funny shirt I wanna get someone sez all that's left is XL's.
I'm assuming that's a man's XL.
She wears ladies' XXL.
This oughtta work...

If it don't fit, it's your fault... :cuss:
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:03 am

cid wrote:
SciFiFisher wrote:
Men's XXL = Ladies XXL?

...Short answer is no...

...As a general rule of thumb a woman who wears an XXL can probably get away with XL in men's...

:

Here's hoping my thumb is the same size as everyone else's.

Online shop for the funny shirt I wanna get someone sez all that's left is XL's.
I'm assuming that's a man's XL.
She wears ladies' XXL.
This oughtta work...

If it don't fit, it's your fault... :cuss:

Yes, but is she a petite, average, plus size, or San Antonio Slim? ;)
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby cid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 pm

No disrespect intended, Mom...

She's a plus.

I'm taking one of my XL shirts over and see if it'll fit her. If so, we'uns are in bidness...
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Return to Hanging Around