Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Rommie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:32 pm

For all the Americans on the board at least. :pop:

Getting out of work in about an hour to head to a Thanksgiving feast run by the American Book Center in town- for €20 you get all the dinner/drinks you want for bringing a desert. Friend is bringing pumpkin casserole (ie not enough time to make the pie crust) which I'm super excited about!

Also invited a visiting American professor who arrived in town yesterday to join in (we're hoping we can squeeze him in last minute), as I couldn't well let him be alone on Thanksgiving. So I guess that's my good deed of the day. :)
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Swift » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Happy turkey day to everyone, even if you don't celebrate the holiday or like turkey.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Happy Thanksgiving.

I made a killer bread pudding and a dessert I call banana split pie. It involves home made buttercream frosting and vanilla pudding, crushed pineapple, bananas, strawberries, cool whip, glazed pecans, and a graham cracker crust. I also pour Hershey chocolate syrup over it when I serve it.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby pumpkinpi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 pm

We're doing our traditional Greek feast this year although instead of traditional spanakopita it's pastitsio, along with tzatziki and fried cheese puffs. and of course pumpkin pie.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby brite » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:09 am

All I did was make a ham, and work on a few articles... The ham was good... Had dinner at the brother in law's... him, I like... :)
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby Loresinger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:18 pm

cool invention ... take a box of no bake cheese cake. Add a can of pumpkin, sugar and one egg. Put heath pieces in the crust and bake for 20. Add more heath pieces on top with whipped cream. Good lord it was yummy. Yes, Brite I know.... I'm not supposed to bake and use alchemy but this one really rocked.
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby brite » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Baking is CHEMISTRY... Cooking is ALCHEMY.... You can do both... you have the technology.... :)
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby Loresinger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:19 pm

generally not so much so. Cooking yes. Baking.. wonderful or terrible little in the middle
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby cid » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:51 am

Mom has been appointed hostess emeritus, so SIL Julie does it all down at her place now.
"You like the stuffing? Made it myself..."...yeah, opening the box and dumping it in the pan constitutes "making it myself" in my book...

Have changed my dietary habits over the recent past, so didn't eat as much as I used to. Still went back for seconds on the basics, but left room this time.
That second chocolate-covered Oreo ball damn near did me in, though...

...ooooooooooofff...carb coma...what football game? what TV?...zzzzzzzzzzz...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Return to Hanging Around