The Weather Thread

Re: The Weather Thread

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:35 am

Rommie wrote:67F and sunny today!

Funny thing, one of the phrases I learned when I moved here was "Skirt Day," defined as the day when all the women of the country simultaneously decide to wear a skirt for the first time (and if you're a girl might as well be called "Catcall Day" based on my morning bicycle commute). Pretty early this year!

I suppose that's better than "ogling while making loud noises of approval" which are mistakenly thought to be appreciated. ;)
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Swift » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:41 am

The spring peepers have finally started peeping in our backyard. They usually start around St. Patrick's Day.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby cid » Sun May 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Out at the station with a couple of friends...the weather radio is blaring every few minutes, the Weather Alert networks are in full bore, and looking out the door, them there clouds are heavy, moving, and tinged green...
Could be interesting, he said grimly...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby Rommie » Sat May 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Incredible weather in Amsterdam today- sunny and in the 70s for the first time this year, so needless to say there were almost as many people out and about everywhere as on King's Day two weeks ago. My friends and I went to enjoy a BBQ in the Vondelpark (sorta like Central Park in NYC) along with half the city it seemed like considering all the people there... let's just say we made one or two accidental enemies during our throwing around a ball because it was so easy to hit people. :?

So lots of cycling, games, and sun- the best days are the ones where you get home tired but satisfied!
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby brite » Sun May 18, 2014 3:26 am

Lovely 80 degree weather today... the breeze was a bit brisk, but the grandson and I planted the window boxes of herbs and the lovely tea rose that Fisher and he got me for Mother's Day into a nice patio container. I think this year, I'm going to concentrate on container planting... flowers and such... Gotta remember to get sand for the boy's basketball hoop so it will quit blowing over...
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Previous

Return to Hanging Around