Middle age, or Pi's fitness thread

Re: Middle age, or Pi's fitness thread

Postby pumpkinpi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 pm

geonuc wrote:
pumpkinpi wrote:Ugh. I thought it was supposed to be warmer today, but the windchill was 7 this morning! So no biking today. Tomorrow--snow. Hopefully I'll get some in Thursday/Friday. I just have to coordinate my load correctly. I have to bring a big heavy laptop home for use Friday, which I won't take on the bike.

I've decided I'm not going to challenge myself for a reward. I'm going to live by the rule of not going three days without exercising. I've been able to find a half hour three times a week for 12 weeks, so unless I am sick I should be able to fit that in when I need to on my 3rd day. Which will be tonight! The "reward" will be not disappointing myself.

Potato chips are good as a reward, too. :mrgreen:

Food and exercise are in completely different domains for me. I eat well often enough, but I also eat way too much candy, pizza, and fries. Food is my "reward" for just about everything. :lol:

I honestly did not expect to lose any weight during this challenge, because the only time I have in the past was when deliberately watching what I eat. Which I didn't feel like doing this time. But I ended up losing over 5lbs. I had been slowly going down before that, so I'm down about 10 lbs in the past year.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:24 pm

How to lose weight and get fit: Sail to Australia. ;)
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Loresinger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 pm

I don't know if this helps you but it helped me loose 50 pounds.

1. Walk everywhere possible. In my office I never call a person - I walk to them
2. Use the stairs
3. Have a low-cal food day every other day of the week - a good salad, soup whatever. The other days you get to enjoy normal meals.
4. drink more water

That was really it. While I gained back a few pounds in the last few years since I have never gone above 168 (I was over 200). GOOD LUCK making the decision is awesome
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby pumpkinpi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, I ended up taking my whole post-challenge week off, except for riding my bike to work one day. It was nice not having to schedule in my 3 workouts among everything else.

The next week (last week) I did 1 interval session (boy were my muscles sore after almost 2 weeks off!) and rode my bike to work 3 times. Unfortunately, I only rode it home twice. On the last commute I ran over a sharp stone, as I discovered when I went to go home that evening. Flat tire! MrPi picked me up from the bus stop, and now I have to get my tire fixed. No bike riding this week. I probably wouldn't have anyway, because it's going to rain and/or snow every day until Saturday. So it's a good time to have a flat tire! Now I just have to get back to those pesky interval sessions. :evil:
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Previous

Return to Hanging Around