NHL 2017-18

Re: NHL 2017-18

Postby Parrothead » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:21 am

Trade deadline day is Monday.

Leafs will be without Matthews for a week- 10 days. He got sandwiched good between a couple of Islanders mid-week.
Parrothead

Postby Parrothead » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Regular season ended on a sad note, with the tragedy near Humboldt, Sask. where a bus - tractor trailer crash claimed the lives of half the people on the bus. Players and staff of the Humboldt Broncos jr hockey team.

Playoffs are underway. Leafs host Bruins tonight for game 3 of their series, Leafs down 2 games to zip. The Philly vs.Pittsburgh, Minnesota vs Winnipeg and L.A. vs. Vegas series' have been entertaining to watch.

Go Leafs! Weather is mid-season-ish. Last time Leafs- Bruins faced off in the playoffs, Leafs had an ugly Game 7 loss, being up by 3 goals with 10 mins. left in the game.
Parrothead

Postby Thumper » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 pm

That was so sad to hear about the bus accident.

CBJ in a position they haven't been in franchise history. Up 2-0 in the playoffs with two home games this week.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 am

85% of NHL teams that go up 2-0 in the playoffs, end up winning the series. Someone has to be the 15%. After CBJ took two at Washington, they gave away game 3 in double overtime. And then it was just a matter of time. They were never really in it after that. It is probably going down as the biggest playoff collapse in NHL history. Hey do what you know. Being a glass half full guy, at least I didn't have to see them lose to Sydney the D|ck Crosby again this year.
It's Golf Season!
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Thumper wrote:85% of NHL teams that go up 2-0 in the playoffs, end up winning the series. Someone has to be the 15%. After CBJ took two at Washington, they gave away game 3 in double overtime. And then it was just a matter of time. They were never really in it after that. It is probably going down as the biggest playoff collapse in NHL history. Hey do what you know. Being a glass half full guy, at least I didn't have to see them lose to Sydney the D|ck Crosby again this year.
It's Golf Season!

It's always Golf season. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:04 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
Thumper wrote:85% of NHL teams that go up 2-0 in the playoffs, end up winning the series. Someone has to be the 15%. After CBJ took two at Washington, they gave away game 3 in double overtime. And then it was just a matter of time. They were never really in it after that. It is probably going down as the biggest playoff collapse in NHL history. Hey do what you know. Being a glass half full guy, at least I didn't have to see them lose to Sydney the D|ck Crosby again this year.
It's Golf Season!

It's always Golf season. :P
For some reason, CBJ players worry that post season play will cut into their golf outings. They make sure they're done with hockey by the third week of April, sometimes earlier. :?
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Parrothead » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Big collapse in playoff hockey, 5 years ago, Leafs up 4-1 over Bruins with 10 minutes left in Game 7. Leafs lost 5-4 in OT. Leafs @ Bruins Game 7 goes tonight. IIRC, three times in playoff history a team has comeback from being down 3 games to none and won a series or Stanley Cup.

Caps will face Penguins next round. After it, Crosby will be one step closer to another Cup or Ovie will be one step closer to his first Cup. To completely jinx things what would NBC's numbers be like if the Cup Final ends up being Toronto vs. Winnipeg. :P
Parrothead

Postby Thumper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Winnipeg!
Brings back memories from when I lived in Grand Forks ND.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 am

Saw a bit of the Leafs-Bruins last night. But not the important parts I guess. It was 4-3 Leafs in the middle of the second, looking good, then it was 5-4 Bruins in the middle of the third. Then I read the final was 7-4 Bruins. I assume at least one of those was an empty netter. But too bad. I was a Bruins fan way back when but haven't identified with them in years.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Rommie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:13 pm

Went with some friends to Trinity Commons in Kensington Market to watch the end. Being descriptive because I think there's a good chance Parrothead actually knows that place. :)

It was a good game, but honestly the Leafs were always half a step behind, and while there are some great young players the inexperience was showing a bit. It's trite at this point in a season to say "next year," but I legit think they will be a different, better team then!
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby Rommie » Tue May 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Pens are out. :cry:

As were the Raptors last night. All my playoffs are done in one fell swoop.
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 pm

All I can politely say is "Go Cleveland, go Washington." :P
Though I'm a little surprised at how quickly you switched from Cleveland to Toronto... ;)
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Rommie » Tue May 08, 2018 8:23 pm

If Pittsburgh doesn't have a team in the sport, I just defer to wherever I'm living! ;)

Well seriously, it's not like I ever really watch basketball. If I thought about it for two seconds I guess I wish Cleveland well.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 pm

So... I read an article the other day that said Lacrosse was becoming very popular. I mention it because Lacrosse is billed as a combination of soccer, basketball, and hockey. Something for everyone! Well, maybe not baseball fans. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Wed May 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Rommie wrote:If I thought about it for two seconds I guess I wish Cleveland well.
8-)
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Wed May 09, 2018 1:11 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:So... I read an article the other day that said Lacrosse was becoming very popular. I mention it because Lacrosse is billed as a combination of soccer, basketball, and hockey. Something for everyone! Well, maybe not baseball fans. :P
I could get into some Lacrosse. The Kid played some in middle and high school and played on a State Championship team. And apparently we have a semi-pro team right here in Cbus. :oops:
But this is the Hockey Thread you liberal hipster ba$tard! :P
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Rommie » Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Thumper wrote:
SciFiFisher wrote:So... I read an article the other day that said Lacrosse was becoming very popular. I mention it because Lacrosse is billed as a combination of soccer, basketball, and hockey. Something for everyone! Well, maybe not baseball fans. :P
I could get into some Lacrosse. The Kid played some in middle and high school and played on a State Championship team. And apparently we have a semi-pro team right here in Cbus. :oops:

Actually, lacrosse is the official sport of Canada! Not hockey!

It's also an interesting sport because a. it originated with the native Americans, and b. it's so different between men and women. Like, for women the stick that cradles the ball has a flat net so you have to do rotating motion constantly else it'll fall out, for guys they basically have a little butterfly net and check football style.

I should also note btw for you old(er) folks that guy lacrosse players are always kinda infamous for being doucebag studs on campus, particularly in the South. Because unlike other sports, which are much more integrated, basically all the guys who play lacrosse are white so the stereotypical idea is all the girls who want to fuck an athlete but not the wrong kind of athlete go for lacrosse parties. (Why do we not have a throwing up milie, totally need one.) That's one of the reasons the fake story about the Duke lacrosse players and the black stripper was so sensational.
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Wed May 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Yes, girls and boys lacrosse are two completely different games.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Thumper wrote:

I may be a bastard. But, I am a self made one. My momma was married when she had me. :P

But, we may have to go to the mosh pit for calling me a liberal hipster. You take that back! :P
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Rommie wrote:I should also note btw for you old(er) folks that guy lacrosse players are always kinda infamous for being doucebag studs on campus, particularly in the South. Because unlike other sports, which are much more integrated, basically all the guys who play lacrosse are white so the stereotypical idea is all the girls who want to fuck an athlete but not the wrong kind of athlete go for lacrosse parties. (Why do we not have a throwing up milie, totally need one.) That's one of the reasons the fake story about the Duke lacrosse players and the black stripper was so sensational.

I never realized that. Now it makes a little more sense why the press was all over that story like a dog on a bone.
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Thu May 10, 2018 11:41 am

It's been so long, does anyone even remember where the keys are to the Mosh Pit? :P
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu May 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Thumper wrote:It's been so long, does anyone even remember where the keys are to the Mosh Pit? :P

They were on the hook by the door. I am sure of it. :P
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Parrothead » Mon May 28, 2018 7:43 pm

Two teams left, Cup Final starts tonight. Uhm, Viva Las Vegas!
Parrothead

Postby Thumper » Thu May 31, 2018 11:32 am

Watched a little exciting fast paced hockey last night. I forget how great this game could be.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu May 31, 2018 2:53 pm

Meanwhile, down South, it's Baseball season. :P
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

PreviousNext

Return to Hanging Around