Broken Washing Machine

Broken Washing Machine

Postby Rommie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Water ain't draining, it's telling me per looking up the error on the Internet that the draining pump is blocked. Anyone have experience with washing machines and know if that's something I can figure out on my own? Cause it'll be a few days before I can get anyone out to look at it for sure. :(

Model is Zanussi turbodry 1200 if anyone needs to look it up to help a little more, error is "E20." Any thoughts appreciated.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Re: Broken Washing Machine

Postby FZR1KG » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:22 pm

One trick you can try is take the outlet hose and push it onto a tap and then turn the water on.
Usually this will get you a temporary fix that will last a few wash cycles.
The only alternative is to pull it apart and try to clean it.

If you decide to try my approach, you may need to time it to when the solenoid tries to drain the water.
Its messy, a pita till you get used to it but its cheap and works a good deal of the time.
FZR1KG

Postby Hap » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Also, look for the filter that should be upstream of the drain pump. We just had this issue on our LG a couple of weeks ago (same error code even), and it was the filter that was clogged. Quick clean and we were back in business.
Hap

Postby Rommie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Ok, any idea where the filter/drain pump usually is?
Rommie

Postby Hap » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:03 am

Not sure on yours, but on mine (which is a front-loading machine) it is behind a small door on the front.
Hap

Postby geonuc » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:43 am

I could probably help fix it if I was there, but I got nothing here. I assume you found the manufacturer's service/support page?
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Rommie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks guys!

Pleased to report that with your tips I found a video on YouTube that showed me how to do it. Let me just say it was disgusting- imagine the years of lint from the previous awful tenant combined with the rotting smell- but hey I have clean clothes now! :wave:
Rommie

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Awesome! Congratulations! :cheers:
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Hanging Around