China quarity

China quarity

Postby FZR1KG » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:32 pm

You know just like when Japan started putting out mass produced stuff and it was rightly called Jap crap, the Chinese have followed suit.
Not just in starting with cheap junk but improving to the point where their quarity and standards are top knotch.
As an example, I ordered something from China recently. Its being delivered by DHL.
What's interesting is that the tracking process involved 12 entries from the time they picked it up from the factory at Shenzhen till it left Hong Kong.
The more fascinating part is that once it landed in the USA, tracking almost came to a stand still.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Once I tracked an article and it arrived at my house before it left the distribution hub locally.
It left the hub about three days after I received it according to their records. Talk about useless.
The tracking from China however was spot on and fast.
FZR1KG

Re: China quarity

Postby squ1d » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:05 am

lol - I noticed in several of my own orders that the shipping in China is quite efficient
squ1d

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but it sounds like you're blaming China for something that is a U.S. problem... Can't wait to see what you ordered. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's something for the truck! :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Oh no, not blaming China at all.
I'm saying that their attention to detail and reporting everything has made left me impressed.
Its the other end I wish would get their act together.

e.g. Yesterday I was out much of the day. They did not say they were delivering yesterday.
Like, isn't that the purpose of tracking, so you can plan around the scheduled delivery???
Anyway, I get home and there is a note on the tracking information, not at our house.
It says need further address information, contact DHL.

I get to chatting with their rep. She wants my full address and asks if we have a locked gate.
Apparently the delivery driver either couldn't find the place or thought it was one with a locked gate.
In our area?
There are no fences for miles and miles!
FZR1KG

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Holy shit! Remind me not to use DHL. :shock: Although I haven't been a fan of theirs for years... and I'm guessing you didn't have a choice.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Turns out the normal drive wasn't in yesterday so they had to use an abnormal one.

So I have the package and all I can say is: FUCK YOU DODGE!
You wouldn't know a standard if it was attached to your ass and holding on with three pairs of vice grips.
You're a pack of FUCKING INCOMPETENT MORONS!

Now to go waste another few hours making your POS vehicle conform to standard dimensions that have only been an international standard since 1984.
The US has an imperial version that is slightly larger than the standard ISO version BUT NOT FOR FUCKING DODGE FUCK YOU UP THE ASS MOTORS!

What am I talking about?
The standard DIN radio mounting dimensions. Thats what.

No wonder people say your cars aren't worth their weight in shit.
FZR1KG

Return to Hanging Around