Can y'all please do me a favor?

Can y'all please do me a favor?

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:13 pm

If you see hate propaganda like this:

in your drugstore or supermarket... And think you can raise a fuss without endangering yourself... Then please talk with the local management people about it, and point out how this is shockingly similar to Nazi propaganda. Try to make people notice that this is a problem.

The manager at my supermarket was friendly and sympathetic. I'm betting others may not be. But if you think you can, please try to raise this as an issue. And please keep trying. There is a process of corruption at work here, and I don't think we have long to nip it in the bud.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: Can y'all please do me a favor?

Postby vendic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:00 pm

lol

Aliens stole my baby!

These papers are to be ignored rather than advertised.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby geonuc » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:02 pm

I feel your pain, GJ, but no, I'm not going to confront any managers on their magazine selection.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm with geonuc and vendic. If this kind of propaganda ever shows up on a legit paper, then we'll talk.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Cyborg Girl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:09 am

If, if, if. Five words, folks: "frogs on a slow boil."
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:30 am

Gullible Jones wrote:If, if, if. Five words, folks: "frogs on a slow boil."

Bullshit. I'm sorry you've never taken a good look at The National Enquirer before, but this is not something they just started doing after Trump got elected.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Rommie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 am

SciFi Chick wrote:
Gullible Jones wrote:If, if, if. Five words, folks: "frogs on a slow boil."

Bullshit. I'm sorry you've never taken a good look at The National Enquirer before, but this is not something they just started doing after Trump got elected.

I also agree.

Plus honestly the US has been on slow boil a long time, and it's not because of the National Enquirer.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:56 am

Rommie wrote:Plus honestly the US has been on slow boil a long time, and it's not because of the National Enquirer.

Exactly! I'm pretty certain Trump getting elected has made a number of frogs realize the water is getting hot.
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby vendic » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:38 pm

First they came after "The National Inquirer", then they came after Fox news, then the came after CNN, then they reviled at how much better the USA was , and , how it was all because they had the best freedom of speech. lol
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby vendic » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:42 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:
Rommie wrote:Plus honestly the US has been on slow boil a long time, and it's not because of the National Enquirer.

Exactly! I'm pretty certain Trump getting elected has made a number of frogs realize the water is getting hot.

Gullible Frogs? lol

Sorry to make fun here GJ.
It's just that anyone taking the National Inquirer seriously has pretty much lost it. If they ever had it.
Complaining about them is nothing different to complaining about The Late show, except the latter is funnier, or more depressing when it does political satire.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby Swift » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm more upset that Tom took Suri away. My phone will never be the same.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby lady_*nix » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:52 am

So, uh, it's been a bit less than four years.

Y'all's comments didn't age too well, did they.
lady_*nix

Postby Rommie » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Well I dunno, half the posts are from people who are no longer there and I still stand by the fact that the National Enquirer is bullshit.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:37 pm

Of course it is bullshit. The problem was never that it wasn't bullshit, the problem was that it was propaganda and people believed it. And now we are staring down the barrel of the possible imminent collapse of US democracy, because this bullshit was the right kind to be eaten up and believed by almost half the US population.

It's the same old "freedom of speech" gambit, and it's still fucking us up.
lady_*nix

Postby code monkey » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:32 pm

lady_*nix wrote:Of course it is bullshit. The problem was never that it wasn't bullshit, the problem was that it was propaganda and people believed it. And now we are staring down the barrel of the possible imminent collapse of US democracy, because this bullshit was the right kind to be eaten up and believed by almost half the US population.

not much satisfaction in knowing that you were right and that the contrarians completely missed the point is there? it wasn't the 'aliens stole my baby' stories. it was the shilling for our current president.

ok, is qanon a home-grown person given to … fancies or from abroad?
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:32 pm

@cm

Not much satisfaction, but I sometimes hope it convinces the goyim to start listening for once. (And maybe pigs will fly on kosher wings.)

Re QAnon. IIRC there's evidence that "Q" was one of the founders of 8Chan, uh lemme see if I can dig this up. Here we go:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/who-is-q ... ns-rumors/

in which case as usual with Nazis, the accusations of Jews being pedos are a load of projection.
lady_*nix

Postby code monkey » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:28 pm

but still (and there's a 3rd possibility) - someone stirring things up for fun, a true believer or is this from Russia?
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:06 pm

@cm

My guess both (a) and (b). A lot of these guys don't seem to distinguish between reality and trolling, they believe it for real and at the same time genuinely believe they're being "ironic". For all their talk about Reason and Logic and Rationality, they've basically turned their backs on any notion of objective reality.
lady_*nix

Postby grapes » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:05 am

lady_*nix wrote:Of course it is bullshit. The problem was never that it wasn't bullshit, the problem was that it was propaganda and people believed it. And now we are staring down the barrel of the possible imminent collapse of US democracy, because this bullshit was the right kind to be eaten up and believed by almost half the US population.

When I was younger, I believed in the liberating quality of freedom of speech. Now that I'm older, I see how much of it we've lost, and it's bound to get worse.
grapes
Resident News Hound

Return to Hanging Around