i'm a convert

i'm a convert

Postby code monkey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:30 am

to heated car seats that is. i'd always thought that they were a little silly. then this spring when i mistook the car seat heater icon for an airflow controller and turned mine on i thought that they were downright creepy. however, now that we've had some chilly weather i think they're fabulous!
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Re: i'm a convert

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:12 am

It's all about context. :D
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby geonuc » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 am

'Butt-warmers' is the technical term, I believe.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby gethen » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:58 pm

We just got a new car and the seat warmers came in a package with another feature my husband wanted. They are one of those things I would never insist on in a car, but on one of those -30 degree mornings, I think they just might be a go. The back-up camera is another story. I just can't bring myself to trust it.
gethen

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 pm

gethen wrote:We just got a new car and the seat warmers came in a package with another feature my husband wanted. They are one of those things I would never insist on in a car, but on one of those -30 degree mornings, I think they just might be a go. The back-up camera is another story. I just can't bring myself to trust it.

I like the backup camera because it can see directly behind the car for those things I can't see. Like those 2.5 ft high yellow concrete poles that they love to stick in parking lots. I still look behind me especially to the left and right.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby brite » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:24 pm

I love the back up camera... And feel nekkid without it.... And the seat warmers? OMG! In the winter.... Heaven!
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Return to Hanging Around