Your Morals

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Your Morals

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:56 pm

yourmorals.org

It's a series of surveys being conducted by researchers at U.Va. and a couple of universities out in California.

Some of them are really good, and I found them helpful in quantifying how I define my morals. Each of them are compared with Conservatives and Liberals, and that was interesting as well.

Just thought I'd share. :)
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Your Morals

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:30 pm

I've taken a few of these and so far, no surprise, I consistently come out as more liberal than liberal. Sometimes by a wide margin.

So, accurate, I guess.

:lol:
The Supreme Canuck

Postby Swift » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Very interesting, I took a bunch of the tests
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby FZR1KG » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Fascinating.
I took the test and discovered I'm more asshole than Republicans but not as head up ass as Liberals.
FZR1KG

Postby Swift » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 pm

FZR1KG wrote:Fascinating.
I took the test and discovered I'm more asshole than Republicans but not as head up ass as Liberals.

Just don't stick your own head up your own asshole.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby geonuc » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:16 am

I couldn't help notice my answers to the crime & punishment are heavily influenced by my legal education. I think had I not gone to law school but was otherwise the same, my answers would be different in significant ways. Or maybe not. Maybe it's just me maturing into who I am.

This is one of the better groups of surveys I've taken, even with some misspellings.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Rommie » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Speaking of, this has been popular in our department lately- Project Implicit. Basically a way to see what your biases are, not that any of us are free of them so much as one needs to recognize them.

We basically had a talk on Wednesday about the state of women in academia which might've been the best talk I ever heard on the topic (it was by an Aussie astronomer in charge of an institute down there who is famous for women-friendly initiatives, like making sure all jobs are also offered as part-time and insisting meetings are only held between 10am-2pm), and while I'd say our department is incredibly women-friendly compared to the average it's been really good to see everyone talking about the issue since.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:27 pm

geonuc wrote:I couldn't help notice my answers to the crime & punishment are heavily influenced by my legal education.

Ditto... I think. I'd be interested to know if our results are similar.
The Supreme Canuck

Postby FZR1KG » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Swift wrote:
FZR1KG wrote:Fascinating.

Just don't stick your own head up your own asshole.

It's been stuck there for years. :D
FZR1KG

Return to Poli-Tics