Bloc Québécois does something stupid... again

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Bloc Québécois does something stupid... again

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 am

You know the Bloc: they're the Quebec separatist party at the federal level. They've taken one hell of a drubbing the past few years (and good riddance). Well, they elected a new leader. He immediately did a stupid thing. Like, in his acceptance speech. He said this:

Nous vaincrons!

That translates as "We will overcome!" What's so bad about that? Well, it was an FLQ slogan.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the Front de libération du Québec. They were a separatist terrorist organization responsible for a fair amount of violence in the 1960s and 1970s, including a wave of bombings in 1963 targeting federal buildings and businesses owned by anglophones, further bombings in 1968, the bombing of the Montreal stock exchange, the bombing of the home of the mayor of Montreal, violent riots, the murder of a police officer, the attempted kidnapping of an Israeli diplomat, and the October Crisis.

This is a group responsible for political violence, violent unrest, and maiming and murdering innocents.

This is a group that the new Bloc leader has linked himself to, if obliquely. "Nous vaincrons," indeed...

Of course, M. Beaulieu is defending what he said, insisting that they're just words which have no FLQ associations. For probably the only time in my life, I agree with former Bloc leader Gilles Duceppe:

“I can’t associate myself with people who yell, ‘Nous vaincrons.’ We know what that means. It’s completely irresponsible, unconscionable,”

Source: CBC News

Revolting.
The Supreme Canuck

Re: Bloc Québécois does something stupid... again

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:08 am

Blame Canada!
FZR1KG

Re: Bloc Québécois does something stupid... again

Postby brite » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 am

Ah... I see the Neverendum is up for grabs again....
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Return to Poli-Tics