This is why we can't have nice things

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

This is why we can't have nice things

Postby Cyborg Girl » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:02 am

I think the shit just hit the fan in Ukraine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_ ... shoot-down

This sounds like the perfect excuse for unscrupulous types to escalate the conflict. From the link to the Ukrainian Embassy web page:

“We bow our heads to the heroes who lost their lives for the sake of their country, to prevent the war from coming into the house of each of us”, - said the Prime-Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk while expressing condolences to the families and friends of those military men killed last night near Luhansk.

“They lost their lives because they defended men and women, children and the elderly who found themselves in a situation facing a threat to be killed by invaders and sponsored by them subhumans. First, we will commemorate the heroes by wiping out those who killed them and then by cleaning our land from the evil”, - he said.

Arseniy Yatsenyuk reassured that the Government of Ukraine will take care of the families and loved ones of those killed.

You know, terrorism disgusts me. Killing civvies to get what you want is not right, period... But I don't find that it makes me quite as shit scared as politicians slinging around words like "subhuman." I really hope that was a bad translation or something.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: This is why we can't have nice things

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Yes, I imagine it's a bad translation. I'm more concerned about the situation in Iraq. That's already escalated to mass murder of members of particular religious/ethnic groups. Ethnic cleansing at the least, nascent genocide at the worst.
The Supreme Canuck

Postby Cyborg Girl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 am

And I am reminded again of the news media's tacit anti-minority bias in my country. :evil:

I wasn't aware Iraq had gotten that bad, which in retrospect is a damn silly thing to say, seeing as the insurgents have taken two cities already.

Sigh.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:07 am

The Supreme Canuck wrote:Yes, I imagine it's a bad translation. I'm more concerned about the situation in Iraq. That's already escalated to mass murder of members of particular religious/ethnic groups. Ethnic cleansing at the least, nascent genocide at the worst.

How can that be when this was the war or terror?????
FZR1KG

Postby Rommie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:10 am

Gullible Jones wrote:And I am reminded again of the news media's tacit anti-minority bias in my country. :evil:

I wasn't aware Iraq had gotten that bad, which in retrospect is a damn silly thing to say, seeing as the insurgents have taken two cities already.

Sigh.

Really? I read about it in the NY Times- mass execution of thousands of Iraqis in the army for example.

Looks like we are going to have boots on the ground now in Iraq again, bypassing Congress of course. Goody.

Random aside, my sister's best friend (bridesmaid at the wedding last year) is a diplomat and supposed to do a one year stint in Baghdad starting in two weeks time. But they're already pulling out the first of the embassy staff as a precaution- wonder if she's going to finish out her year.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Return to Poli-Tics