Calling a spade a spade

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Calling a spade a spade

Postby Cyborg Girl » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:51 am

I'm not exactly the President's most adoring fan, but I love this:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-gop-stop-ju ... nance.html

"I know they're not that happy that I'm president," Obama said. "I've only got a couple of years left. Come on, let's get some work done. Then you can be mad at the next president."

... Now if only Congressional Republicans had enough gray matter between them for this stuff to get through. :evil:
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: Calling a spade a spade

Postby Swift » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:05 pm

The hating has only just begun. The GOP will really ramp up the hating for the November election. The GOP candidates for Senate and House are running against Obama, not whoever happens to be actually running against them.

And the President knows this. And he knows that this wouldn't change the Republican's tactics, this was an appeal to the base to ramp up their emtions.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby brite » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:45 pm

Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us -- the spin masters, the negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of "anything goes." Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America -- there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America -- there’s the United States of America.

The pundits, the pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into red states and blue states; red states for Republicans, blue states for Democrats. But I’ve got news for them, too. We worship an "awesome God" in the blue states, and we don’t like federal agents poking around in our libraries in the red states. We coach Little League in the blue states and yes, we’ve got some gay friends in the red states. There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq. We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.

In the end -- In the end -- In the end, that’s what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or do we participate in a politics of hope?
Between this and
I know they’re not that happy that I’m President, but that’s okay. (Laughter.) Come on. I’ve only got a couple of years left. Come on, let’s get some work done. Then you can be mad at the next President.
and this
No, no, no -- first of all, here’s something I always say -- do not boo, vote. Booing doesn’t help. Voting helps. (Applause.)
But think about this -- they have announced that they’re going to sue me for taking executive actions to help people. So they’re mad because I’m doing my job. And, by the way, I’ve told them -- I said, I’d be happy to do it with you. So the only reason I’m doing it on my own is because you don’t do anything. (Applause.) But if you want, let’s work together.
I mean, everybody recognizes this is a political stunt, but it’s worse than that, because every vote they’re taking like that means a vote they’re not taking to actually help you. When they have taken 50 votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act, that was time that could have been spent working constructively to help you on some things. (Applause.) And, by the way, you know who is paying for this suit they’re going to file? You.
AUDIENCE MEMBER: No!
THE PRESIDENT: No, no -- you’re paying for it. And it’s estimated that by the time the thing was done, I would have already left office.
I figure... this guy is going to make it after all... (BTW, I realize that the last bit is about raising money... but having a sense of humor... helps!)
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Don't even get me started on the Democratic party's fundraising tactics. Soooo annoying!
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Poli-Tics