Anti science/facts legislation

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Anti science/facts legislation

Postby vendic » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:58 am

Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Re: Anti science/facts legislation

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:23 am

You've been reading click bait too much. ;) I started reading that. It's a bunch of legalese, and until I have some idea of why you posted this, I'm in the TL;DR camp. :P
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Anti science/facts legislation

Postby geonuc » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:18 pm

That law caused some uproar earlier this year, with some arguing that it might prevent people from taking photos at Yellowstone National Park.

I don't think so. And I wouldn't call it 'anti-science' even if it acts to restrict the gathering of data. The purpose is not to restrict the furtherance of science. It's a grazing protection law designed to keep people from snooping on ranch land in an effort to expose bad or illegal ranching practices. In other words, it's designed to shield ranchers from outside interference or whistle-blowing. Ranchers have a powerful lobby in Wyoming.

It is disturbing, though and the law's definition of 'open land' is ridiculous. I expect it to eventually be challenged in federal court.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Poli-Tics