Everyone's position - Presidential election 2016

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Everyone's position - Presidential election 2016

Postby Swift » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:12 pm

http://imgur.com/gallery/n1VdV

Interesting comparison of the positions of all four candidates.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Re: Everyone's position - Presidential election 2016

Postby Cyborg Girl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Huh. Thanks for this, Swift.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I agree mostly with Jill Stein's positions. And even where I don't agree with her, I really like that she says "because human rights" rather than "because efficacy" or "because national security." It continues to disturb me how much politics has gotten divorced from notions of human rights... Though I think she overestimates how much we can reduce military spending, with the world rapidly going to shit around us.

Johnson's suggestion of abolishing the NSA seems as unlikely as Stein's suggestion of abolishing national borders. Sigh. Likewise both of them suggesting withdrawal from NATO, which would be terrible for a lot of people in eastern Europe.

I also wanted to say that Johnson compares reasonably to Clinton, otherwise; but his economic stances are absolutely nuts, and would be horribly dangerous for vast numbers of people. Fecking starry-eyed Libertarian idealogues.

Edit: OMG Johnson wants to return to the gold standard?! Idiot. He would be reasonable if his economics paid any attention at all do doing right by people, instead of just helping rich bastards get even richer.

Anyway, obviously still voting for Clinton because no one else has a chance of winning. But it's nice to see that Jill Stein actually has a sense of ethics, unlike almost everyone else in US politics. (Even if she also has unrealistic ideas about fixing nation-state crap, and supports homeopathy for some weird reason.)

Edit: also, just for completeness, Trump's positions are almost entirely idiotic. But I rather expected that.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby Swift » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:25 pm

I actually was surprised how many things I didn't agree with Jill Stein on. On issues alone, Hillary was the closest one for me, though even with her I didn't agree on everything.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 pm

If what is being reported in this story truly represents what they all stand for, then, I do agree with Hillary Clinton the most.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby geonuc » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm obviously in the Clinton camp, but some of her positions I do not support.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:03 am

geonuc wrote:I'm obviously in the Clinton camp, but some of her positions I do not support.

I'm pretty sure the only camp that would support all of our individual positions would be if we ran ourselves. I think we'd agree with ourselves. I mean, I was in the Sanders camp, and I don't agree with all of his positions either.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Rommie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:02 pm

I'm not shocked, considering I don't think there's ever been a candidate with whom I agreed on everything. Not sure if I've met a person in general like that either, but doesn't mean I cut contact. ;)
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Return to Poli-Tics