How *not* to handle an accusation of racism

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

How *not* to handle an accusation of racism

Postby Cyborg Girl » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Governor Paul LePage is a flaming idiot.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... icized-him

Also...

LePage, who has a history of rudeness and crudeness, made headlines in January when he talked about drug traffickers with nicknames like "D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty," coming into Maine to sell heroin.

"Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave," he said.

LePage said he kept a binder full of mugshots of people arrested for drug dealing in Maine — and he claimed more than 90 percent of all the photos in his "book" were of black or Hispanic people from Connecticut or New York.

LePage stormed out of the interview. "Black people come up the highway and they kill Mainers," he answered angrily. Over his shoulder, he told Charns, "You make me sick."

No fucking duh that's racist. Jesus.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: How *not* to handle an accusation of racism

Postby geonuc » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:54 pm

LePage is a caricature of a politician that makes me think "How can he be a governor of a US state" every time I see his photo.

I mean, really, he belongs in a DC Comics or Marvel movie as the corrupt mayor in league with the villain.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:22 am

A friend of mine lives in Maine, and she said he got his first term due to a 3-way split. His second term was because people were rushing out to vote on some other issue they cared about, and just decided to vote for the incumbent while they were at it. :roll:

I love how his response is to want to duel and kill the guy that accused him of racism. That's not unhinged or anything.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:45 am

SciFi Chick wrote:A friend of mine lives in Maine, and she said he got his first term due to a 3-way split. His second term was because people were rushing out to vote on some other issue they cared about, and just decided to vote for the incumbent while they were at it. :roll:

I love how his response is to want to duel and kill the guy that accused him of racism. That's not unhinged or anything.

Just wait until he shows up at the state legislature with a pair of dueling pistols and his second. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics