When the World is Led by a Child

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

When the World is Led by a Child

Postby Thumper » Thu May 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Like my Dad said, "As good an explanation as any."

Yet if he's just 6 fireflies in a jar, how did he manage to get millions of people to vote him into the most important position in the world and still defiantly and violently support him to this day?
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: When the World is Led by a Child

Postby vendic » Thu May 18, 2017 6:20 pm

lol

That reporter seems to have never heard of the word: Narcissist.

What's sad to me is that they are pretty easy to control and manipulate, but this guy can't work that out.
Not really what you want as a President, unless you want a puppet in power.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu May 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Thumper wrote:Like my Dad said, "As good an explanation as any."

Yet if he's just 6 fireflies in a jar, how did he manage to get millions of people to vote him into the most important position in the world and still defiantly and violently support him to this day?

Math formula for determining the IQ of a Mob. Divide the average IQ of the group by the number of people in the group. 100/62,000,000=1.613 ^-6

He appealed to their base level of ignorance, fear, and anger. Ignorance, Fear, and Anger are very hard to let go of.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:Ignorance, Fear, and Anger are very hard to let go of.
I was going to post a Yoda quote here for some humor. But I don't feel to humorous.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu May 18, 2017 7:57 pm

I still don't think most people on the left understand how hated Hillary Clinton is. It doesn't matter if any of it is accurate. The narrative against Hillary Clinton has been going on for ages, and even if people who don't believe the nastier stuff are sick to death of establishment politics. A lot of them just wanted to see things shaken up. And his followers are easily led by people with the ability to spin things.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu May 18, 2017 8:04 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:I still don't think most people on the left understand how hated Hillary Clinton is. It doesn't matter if any of it is accurate. The narrative against Hillary Clinton has been going on for ages, and even if people who don't believe the nastier stuff are sick to death of establishment politics. A lot of them just wanted to see things shaken up. And his followers are easily led by people with the ability to spin things.

I agree that the established order needed shaking up. Unfortunately, entropy trends toward the negative unless energy is increased in the system. If you want the translation of that in social terms: "This is bad Man!". :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby vendic » Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Trump tweets: “This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!”

Except for actual witch hunts where people died and shit.

For the record, Hillary dealt with far worse for far longer.
You jus ani't cut outs fur poly ticks Mr President.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri May 19, 2017 3:10 pm

I read an interesting article that claims that Trump lies because he is shaping reality. Literally, he wants us to endorse his version of reality. Regardless of the truth. The methods he uses are essentially similar to gas lighting. When you no longer trust your own perceptions, anything, or anyone else it is easier to get you to accept his version of reality.

And because of the way people are taught and hard wired by biology it can be less difficult than you think. :shock:
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Tarragon » Sat May 20, 2017 5:57 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:I read an interesting article that claims that Trump lies because he is shaping reality. Literally, he wants us to endorse his version of reality. Regardless of the truth. The methods he uses are essentially similar to gas lighting. When you no longer trust your own perceptions, anything, or anyone else it is easier to get you to accept his version of reality.

And because of the way people are taught and hard wired by biology it can be less difficult than you think. :shock:

I read or saw something about studies saying that being around bad smells makes someone more conservative. When we say we need clean jobs for the future of America, we need jobs that are literally clean.
Tarragon

Postby Tarragon » Sat May 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Thumper wrote:Like my Dad said, "As good an explanation as any."

His six fireflies glow in synchronicity with his followers.

Regardless of how smart those individuals might be, half of them want to live in a simpler world, where six fireflies in a jar is the elegant, perfect solution. The other half want to prey on the other half, so want them to believe what they see are six fireflies in a jar instead of a reflection of the glowing eyes of a predator sneaking up behind them.

Personally, I think Trump is a "Noing." So are his followers. However, you can't tell them or else you become a Noing. It's viral.
Tarragon

Return to Poli-Tics