Muslim ban now in effect

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Muslim ban now in effect

Postby Cyborg Girl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -countries

"Our institutions will not save us."
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: Muslim ban now in effect

Postby Cyborg Girl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:48 am

BTW I know some of us will want to be clever and say that this may be temporary, as it's still going through the courts. And that's true. But allowing it to go into effect brings it that much closer to permanence. Normalization, fate accompli, etc: if we can accept it now, it's that much easier to accept it indefinitely.

Lest we forget recent history, that already happened with the PATRIOT Act and other Bush era changes. It can happen again.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: Muslim ban now in effect

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Gullible Jones wrote:BTW I know some of us will want to be clever and say that this may be temporary, as it's still going through the courts. And that's true. But allowing it to go into effect brings it that much closer to permanence. Normalization, fate accompli, etc: if we can accept it now, it's that much easier to accept it indefinitely.

Lest we forget recent history, that already happened with the PATRIOT Act and other Bush era changes. It can happen again.

I ran out of clever a while back. Now, I am wondering when the guillotines will be back in fashion.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics