Mueller testimony running thread

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Mueller testimony running thread

Postby lady_*nix » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:34 pm

... So, what do y'all want to bet that Republicans will block any and all action against this administration, regardless of what Mueller says?

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... es-hearing for The Guardian's running commentary.
lady_*nix

Re: Mueller testimony running thread

Postby Thumper » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:23 am

What struck me was the confused psychotic questions and comments from republicans. They couldn't decide whether to refute everything Mueller said, and tear him down trying to cast doubt on his credibility, or tout that his report and testimony "completely exonerates the president and his administration."
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Loresinger » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:09 pm

they were also garbling their words. I listened to several questions and people were like "he asked to hear things again a lot" -- did you HEAR how long and convoluted those questions were. Muller is no fool. He knows what he can say and what he cant and that is exactly what you will get.
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby Rommie » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm

I confess I missed the entire show because I was busy with my PhD corrections.

That said, I also confess I feel cynical about the entire thing and doubt that anyone's going to do a thing about it. The spin machine has had months to go against Mueller and his report, so I'm pretty sure the Democrats' response to this all will be "we're very concerned, but don't want to do anything about it."
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 pm

So far, the cynicism is indeed being born out. :(
lady_*nix

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Republicans block election security bills:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... f89e3146c6

Hahaha democracy what democracy :cuss:
lady_*nix

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:36 am

lady_*nix wrote:Republicans block election security bills:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... f89e3146c6

Hahaha democracy what democracy :cuss:

We don't need no steenking democracy. :twisted:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:38 am

Most of the democratic response seems to be... Yes we desperately want to impeach the sumbitch but as soon it gets to the Senate it's a dead deal. And then the gyrations start about why even though it's absolutely the right thing to do it's too risky to do it.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Loresinger » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:27 am

I have to agree that Impeachment would be a waste of time and money. Nothing will happen at the Senate. They're just biding their time hoping for a landslide in 2020 so they keep tearing apart the lower and middle class :-(
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:38 pm

Loresinger wrote:I have to agree that Impeachment would be a waste of time and money. Nothing will happen at the Senate. They're just biding their time hoping for a landslide in 2020 so they keep tearing apart the lower and middle-class:-(

One thing they are fighting against is the huge change in demographics that is happening. Depending on who you get your information from the dominance of the "white voter" is fading fast. Some are predicting that by 2030 people of European descent will no longer be the single majority group in the U.S. What they are trying to do and succeeding in some states is make that conservative voter count twice as much as anyone else. But, they are eventually going to lose this fight. If all the minorities voted in lockstep today and refused to vote for a white establishment candidate in a majority of the country there wouldn't be a single white establishment politician left. It's only a matter of time before dinosaurs like Yrtle the turtle are hosed.
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics