Hitler Youth redux

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Hitler Youth redux

Postby lady_*nix » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 am

"Border Patrol Youth Program Trains Children As Young As 14 To Become Agents"

https://www.kut.org/post/border-patrol- ... ome-agents
lady_*nix

Re: Hitler Youth redux

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:25 pm

I had not heard of this. I do know that law enforcement agencies and the Navy run similar programs to educate teens about those career fields. The Navy calls their program the "Young Marines". Law enforcement agencies all over the country team up with school districts to offer a curriculum for teens in high school. Some of them even offer college credit towards a criminal justice degree.

Unfortunately, the border patrol is implicated in some very questionable practices right now. I would suspect that will and does have an impact on their ability to recruit these kids. I also suspect that a lot of the recruits come from families with ties to the border patrol.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: Hitler Youth redux

Postby lady_*nix » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Mmm thanks for mentioning that. I did think of JROTC, but didn't know law enforcement had equivalents.

I still think this is creepy as hell though, and a bit different than the above, because of what ICE/CBP are in practice. "Very questionable" is putting it lightly. The current child separation policy, use of concentration camps with deliberately unsafe conditions, and specific targeting of racial and ethnic groups, meets the UN definition of genocide; this and their ability to break the rules of normal policing (and complete lack of accountability even compared to normal police) makes ICE and CBP more like a secret police force.
lady_*nix

Return to Poli-Tics