McConnell votes to block second Trump impeachment

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

McConnell votes to block second Trump impeachment

Postby lady_*nix » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:09 pm

Note to be all "I told you so", but... I told you so.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/pa ... ment-trial

You can never trust these guys. Ever. The "secret" you have to remember is that they go beyond just self-enrichment into social sadism - they have big groups of people who they hate and wish to cause harm to, and they will hurt themselves in order to harm those people. This applies not just to the masses of Republican voters, but also (even more really) to public officials. The bigotry isn't just a tool for them, they wholeheartedly believe in it, and even their most selfish behavior is with a mind towards enforcing it.
lady_*nix

Re: McConnell votes to block second Trump impeachment

Postby Rommie » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:04 pm

Can I make suggestion, lady_*nix? You can come off as supercilious in a lot of politics posts just because of the exact attitude you have here, and I never know how to respond.

Like, I'm pretty sure I pointed out McConnell's statement earlier was surprising and might mean something actually happens. I feel that implies it's more likely something won't, but just because I don't like to revel in how terrible things are on this board doesn't mean I'm not concerned about what's happening and think Republicans suck.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:54 pm

Mm... I'll try to be less that way. IDK.

Not reveling in it though. Just extremely angry, and exhausted by a lot of people's disbelief and denial. (Not all people on this forum, just... a lot of people in general.) Believe me, I would absolutely fucking love for things to be better.
lady_*nix

Postby Rommie » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:59 pm

I realize you are angry, but my point is it often feels like you are directing it at people here, and that's not really useful at best, feels insulting at worst.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Mm, fair, and sorry. I'll try to be less shitty about it. Thanks.
lady_*nix

Postby Rommie » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:46 pm

Thanks in turn.

I get it. It's hard to feel anger about people's actions that affect you but you can't do anything about it, during a stressful time for completely other huge and serious reasons. Hugs.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Would it make you feel better to know that one of the supposedly most canny men in politics was duped? roll:

Satanic Snapping Turtle Claims He Was Duped

I think McConnell is losing his grip if this is the best he can come up with.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby lady_*nix » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:04 pm

LMAO, the Kos' photo of McConnell there is... something. He looks like he's about to burst an aneurism. (Yeah, if only.)

Anyway yeah I hope his fear of consequences is justified. I just dare not hope too much, lest my hopes be crushed.
lady_*nix

Postby Rommie » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:50 pm

lady_*nix wrote:LMAO, the Kos' photo of McConnell there is... something. He looks like he's about to burst an aneurism. (Yeah, if only.)

Weird politics thing I learned recently- guess who's older, Pelosi or McConnell?

Answer: Pelosi is 80 (!!!), McConnell is 78. Dude needs to take better care of himself. (Or not, for reasons, but still my point stands, I'm not a fan of 80 year old leadership but Pelosi sure as hell does take care of herself better than he does.)
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:13 am

TBH it would surprise me more if McConnell were the older one. With these powerful white men, one of the side effects of never having to prove themselves seems to be that they can let their bodies go completely to seed, and nobody gives a shit. Well, except maybe their doctors, and even then they have access to the best health insurance and med regimens and all that. For some of them it's probably a bit of an ego trip too, that everyone still has to kiss up to them and treat them like royalty, even while they walk around with bodies like beanbag chairs and faces like boiled potatoes.

Anyway yeah, here's hoping that the Death Turtle's coronary artery looks as awful as his face.
lady_*nix

Postby Rommie » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:58 am

Maybe that's one reason the life expectancy is younger for men? :think:

(Ok, doubtful. There's a lot of not healthy things women do for society's expectations too.)
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:02 pm

IIRC a lot of the lifespan gap boils down to "men are more prone to risk-taking behaviors", but there's also an element of "testosterone strength comes at a cost".

Rich and powerful people tend to live longer regardless though. Less stress, better food, better medical care; those things go a long way even if you look like Mike Pompeo. Chronic illnesses and diseases of ageing being stress-linked is part of how ghouls like Dick Cheney can go on seemingly forever. (And on the opposite end, how so many gorgeous young trans people wind up with six autoimmune diseases by the time they're 35.)
lady_*nix

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:49 pm

lady_*nix wrote:IIRC a lot of the lifespan gap boils down to "men are more prone to risk-taking behaviors", but there's also an element of "testosterone strength comes at a cost".

Rich and powerful people tend to live longer regardless though. Less stress, better food, better medical care; those things go a long way even if you look like Mike Pompeo. Chronic illnesses and diseases of ageing being stress-linked is part of how ghouls like Dick Cheney can go on seemingly forever. (And on the opposite end, how so many gorgeous young trans people wind up with six autoimmune diseases by the time they're 35.)

Some predictors of longevity:

Wealth
Education
Socio-economic status
Heredity
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics