FL Gov DeSantis: "shut up or you won't get vaccinated"

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

FL Gov DeSantis: "shut up or you won't get vaccinated"

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:11 pm

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/polit ... story.html

Gov. Ron DeSantis defended his decision Wednesday to steer COVID-19 vaccine to a planned community with family ties to a Republican power couple, threatening to pull doses if local officials criticize his distribution methods.

DeSantis is facing questions over his decision to provide seniors living in two of Manatee County’s wealthiest ZIP codes with special access to the vaccine.

The pop-up vaccination site is serving residents of Lakewood Ranch, a planned community in Southwest Florida with family ties to Liz and Dick Uihlein. The New York Times dubbed the pair “the most powerful conservative couple you’ve never heard of.”

The couple’s list of political contributions includes $900,000 Dick Uihlein gave to DeSantis’ political committee in 2018 and 2019.

So uh. I know that the PRC sucks on every level, but remember how after the melamine baby formula scandal, they executed an official who was deemed responsible? IDK that he was even the right guy but the concept feels applicable here.
lady_*nix

Re: FL Gov DeSantis: "shut up or you won't get vaccinated"

Postby Rommie » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:04 pm

I mean, as a former Florida voter who is perhaps too cynical, I would have been astounded if this sort of thing didn't happen. TBH I'm mainly just surprised it didn't happen starting at least a month ago.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Re: FL Gov DeSantis: "shut up or you won't get vaccinated"

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:51 am

Rommie wrote:I mean, as a former Florida voter who is perhaps too cynical, I would have been astounded if this sort of thing didn't happen. TBH I'm mainly just surprised it didn't happen starting at least a month ago.

they probably didn't have the vaccine yet. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics