An awesome comic on the nature of work in the pandemic

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

An awesome comic on the nature of work in the pandemic

Postby lady_*nix » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:47 pm

This is so brutally fucking on point TBH.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -job-comic
lady_*nix

Re: An awesome comic on the nature of work in the pandemic

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:59 pm

:rockon:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:39 pm

My husband basically lived the first several panels of that comic in the past few months. On the bright note, today is his first day at his new job, and he's quite excited about it! But yeah, however much academics complain about our crazy job market, he had to do like 6 interviews for this job, which is insane to me.

Btw, I read a fascinating article recently that finally looked into the breakdown of who isn't working any more (bc employers keep complaining "nobody wants to work anymore"). And it turns out the grand majority of those people are those who chose to go into early retirement during the pandemic. Frankly, good for them.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:20 pm

Rommie wrote:My husband basically lived the first several panels of that comic in the past few months. On the bright note, today is his first day at his new job, and he's quite excited about it! But yeah, however much academics complain about our crazy job market, he had to do like 6 interviews for this job, which is insane to me.

Btw, I read a fascinating article recently that finally looked into the breakdown of who isn't working any more (bc employers keep complaining "nobody wants to work anymore"). And it turns out the grand majority of those people are those who chose to go into early retirement during the pandemic. Frankly, good for them.

I think most of the complaining on the part of employers is that for the first time in a while they are having to increase wages. In the meantime a lot of companies have created systems and processes designed to weed out anyone who might "cause trouble" or want better working conditions and pay. So, the good employees get screened out as often as they get screened in. The employees who are willing to work for free, endure toxic environments, and shitty pay get hired.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics