Presidential Debate 09-26-16

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Re: Presidential Debate 09-26-16

Postby Rommie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:55 pm

It was pretty obvious to me that the locker room talk thing stemmed from someone telling him that was what he should say. The other part he repeated sorta as part of that explanation was "and I'm not proud of it, but..."
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby vendic » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 pm

A Church is anywhere where two or more Christians meet.
A locker room is anywhere where two or more men meet and there aren't any women present.
True story.

With that, I'm back to work.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby Swift » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:40 pm

vendic wrote:A Church is anywhere where two or more Christians meet.
A locker room is anywhere where two or more men meet and there aren't any women present.
True story.

With that, I'm back to work.

:roll:

I don't want to know what happens when you have two felines in the same room. :twisted:
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby code monkey » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:03 pm

gethen wrote:I am wondering why Trump kept calling the foul stuff he said about women "locker room talk." He wasn't in a locker room. He was in a work situation. As if it mattered. And then his excuse is that Bill Clinton said worse. As the parent of three kids, I can tell you that the excuse "so and so did it first" doesn't make it. You are still going to be in trouble. And also...oh, wait. We aren't talking about a six year old. Which makes it mischief worse.

grasping at straws. he has to try to explain it away and so he says that it was just talk. 'no, I don't actually go around assaulting women. I just lie about doing it. because I see that as admirable. oh wait, no, that's not it. look over there - the Clintons. they did worse. look - squirrel!'
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby Parrothead » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:26 pm

I watched some of that last debate. Both candidates showed they were adept at not answering the question asked. Trump is a scary choice. Clinton (assuming the wikileaks stuff is true, regardless if it was from Russian hacking) has appearances of conflict of interest, that have to be considered worrisome. It doesn't help with stories of dems paying people to cause trouble at Trump rallies.

I feel for you, who have to choose between these options. Perhaps both parties will get their shit together for 2020. Just over a week to go in this non-stop mud-slinging. The House and Senate races should be interesting. I guess the mid-term races arguing starts in June/July.

Oh yeah, a Clinton presidency, State of the Union speeches could be agonizing :scream: , unless she gets better at giving speeches or is allowed to let (pay ? ) Bill to deliver them. :P
Parrothead

Previous

Return to Poli-Tics