Hillary Clinton for President

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Hillary Clinton for President

Postby Swift » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:36 pm

So Hillary announced officially... what a surprise. ;)

It seems almost certain that there will be no serious opponent from the Democratic side, and she is probably basically a shoe-in for the Democratic nominee, short of some major something. So, in a general election of her versus almost any conceivable Republican nominee, I will almost certainly vote for her.

Maybe its me, but I am completely unexcited. I not even sure why. I probably support her position on most major issues; and even ones I disagree on, I probably agree more with her than any likely Republican. I don't think it is that she is a woman; I'm excited we may finally have a woman president. I just don't like her all that much.

Maybe because she is a professional politician that has been running for this office forever. Or maybe it is because this has the makings of another political dynasty (though I liked Bill). Or maybe it is something about her.

I don't know.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Re: Hillary Clinton for President

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:59 am

The Democratic party may still sell her down the river. Although if they are planning that they better get a contender PDQ. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby code monkey » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 am

political dynasty? i think we're short a few clintons to call it the makings of a dynasty.

now look at jeb bush.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby geonuc » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 am

I'll definitely vote for her. I voted for her in the 2008 primary. But yeah, I don't really like Hillary and her handling of this stupid cell phone thing has not been inspiring.

I miss Bill.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:37 am

code monkey wrote:political dynasty? i think we're short a few clintons to call it the makings of a dynasty.

now look at jeb bush.

I absolutely loved it when Barbara Bush refused to support Jeb. She actually said there'd been enough Bush's in the White House. :lol:
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:38 am

I don't like Hillary either, and I really resent the fact that our choices are getting worse and worse with every election. Very disappointing.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby brite » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:10 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:I don't like Hillary either, and I really resent the fact that our choices are getting worse and worse with every election. Very disappointing.

I'm hoping that Ms Warren or Ms Gillebrand get into the race. Or Bernie Sanders... there are a few Democratic men that I think could give Mrs. Clinton a run for her money. And we need them out there. Everyone is so afraid of being steamrolled by her...
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby Rommie » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:21 pm

I think the big thing about Ms. Clinton is there's utterly no intrigue about her as a candidate, or anything we don't know, and it's really hard to get excited about someone like that as a result. Especially when you realize we'll be talking about her for the next 18 months.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Paul Krugman had an interesting article basically stating that this election, more than any other in recent memory will be about parties and not individuals. No matter who runs as a republican, we know all their major positions, same with the democrats. So people will be voting on ideology, not personality. He doesn't understand anyone that is undecided now and certainly not someone still undecided in the coming year.

Hey, I was able to find it quickly.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Swift » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Thumper wrote:Paul Krugman had an interesting article basically stating that this election, more than any other in recent memory will be about parties and not individuals. No matter who runs as a republican, we know all their major positions, same with the democrats. So people will be voting on ideology, not personality. He doesn't understand anyone that is undecided now and certainly not someone still undecided in the coming year.

Hey, I was able to find it quickly.

Yeah that sounds about right
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:17 am

There will still be a large block of votes who claim to be undecided. Just because. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:03 am

Yeah that occurred to me. Good Lord, I'm happy I live abroad as those "Republican debates" are going to be boring as hell with them all saying the same thing and they'll be way past my bedtime so I'll have no urge to watch them.

I am going to New Hampshire this summer though for about 10 days around July 4, so I'm curious to see if I'll be able to meet anyone. It's sort of a New Hampshire hobby every four years. :)
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Rommie wrote:Yeah that occurred to me. Good Lord, I'm happy I live abroad as those "Republican debates" are going to be boring as hell with them all saying the same thing and they'll be way past my bedtime so I'll have no urge to watch them.

I'm sure your parents will keep you abreast of the relevant bits. ;)
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Poli-Tics