Why It’s So Hard To Stop Trump

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Why It’s So Hard To Stop Trump

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:06 am

The Judicial committee in the Senate is likely to confirm Sessions. Which means that the straight up vote in the Senate will happen and the Republicans will confirm him as Trumps nominee for AG. The sad part is that the three primary members of the judiciary committee who will make the decision are moderates supposedly. Two are Republicans and one is a Democrat.

Let that soak in. One of them is supposedly a moderate Democrat from W. Virginia. He is already on record as stating he would support Sessions nomination.

I am coming to a funny thought. Trump secured the Republican nomination and he is not a Republican. If the so-called Blue Dog Democrats of 2010 were really democrats my name is P.T. Barnum and I have a bridge to sell you. Now we have a so-called moderate Democrat from W. Virginia who will practically guarantee that Sessions becomes the next AG.

Here is my thought. Are any of these fucking politicians for real? Are they are all soul less bastards who would sell their sister to the first slack jawed neanderthal who came up with enough cash? :evil:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: Why It’s So Hard To Stop Trump

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm guessing yes. Watching the Dems roll over lately has been... ugh.

It's not lost on me that the most vocal critic of Trump now is Harry Reid, who is on his way out this winter. Even people like Warren and Sanders have been trying to extend olive branches.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby geonuc » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:54 pm

What I've heard from Sanders and Warren is "we'll work with you move this country forward but if you try to push through any of the racist, misogynist, war-crime stuff you talked about during the campaign, look for a fight".

In answer to the question: yes, some are real. Warren and Sanders, for two. Al Franken for a third and many others. In the House, where representatives aren't so much in the spotlight if they aren't Speaker or running a Benghazi smear campaign, I'm sure there are many that hold to their stated values and convictions. My rep, John Lewis, is one although I wish he were more publicly active.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:58 pm

Gullible Jones wrote:I'm guessing yes. Watching the Dems roll over lately has been... ugh.

It's not lost on me that the most vocal critic of Trump now is Harry Reid, who is on his way out this winter. Even people like Warren and Sanders have been trying to extend olive branches.

I understand that most reasonable people are going to want to find a way to work with Trump and his cabinet. The way to get things done is to find common ground and work toward goals that both sides find agreeable.

What concerns me is the level of sociopathic behavior I have seen in Trump and other elected officials. Sociopaths are not reasonable. The only common goal they find agreeable is that you let them do whatever they want to do. if you resist they will find a way to bring you down. If you capitulate they will use you and toss you aside. If you want a perfect example look at what happened to Chris Christy. Frankly, he deserved to be used and shown for the tool he was. But, it would not have mattered if he had been a good person with great intentions. Trump and his bully boys would still have used Chris Christy like a bad whore in a two bit whore house. And shown him just as much respect as you would a cockroach.

What makes it even more alarming is the fact that people who profess to be moderates, i.e. somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum, are more than willing to rubber stamp the people Trump is choosing for his cabinet and other posts. It’s as if they have somehow convinced themselves that since Trump ran as the Republican nominee that he automatically has the same goals as they do. And nothing could be further from the truth. It makes me want to grab them and shake them. And keep shaking until they get the message.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:08 pm

geonuc wrote:What I've heard from Sanders and Warren is "we'll work with you move this country forward but if you try to push through any of the racist, misogynist, war-crime stuff you talked about during the campaign, look for a fight".

In answer to the question: yes, some are real. Warren and Sanders, for two. Al Franken for a third and many others. In the House, where representatives aren't so much in the spotlight if they aren't Speaker or running a Benghazi smear campaign, I'm sure there are many that hold to their stated values and convictions. My rep, John Lewis, is one although I wish he were more publicly active.

I know that a lot of the “local” politicians try to do the right thing. But, something seems to get lost at the national level.
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby pumpkinpi » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:32 pm

geonuc wrote:What I've heard from Sanders and Warren is "we'll work with you move this country forward but if you try to push through any of the racist, misogynist, war-crime stuff you talked about during the campaign, look for a fight".

Add MN's senior senator, Amy Klobuchar. I have heard her speak a couple times and I am so impressed by how genuine she is. She (along with Al) also strongly supports science education. They are both very strong supporters of equal rights.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby geonuc » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:08 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:I know that a lot of the “local” politicians try to do the right thing. But, something seems to get lost at the national level.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd agree. From the perspective of someone living in a red, Bible Belt state, I'm a hell of a lot more appalled by the local politicians, school boards, etc. than I am by Georgia's US Senators and Representatives.

Just this past election, we had a state representative who was a former judge caught violating judicial ethics (sexual harassment of subordinates) and forced to resign. Along with the resignation, he agreed to not seek judicial or political office. What did he do? He ran for the state house, won, and was one of the key sponsors to a state constitutional amendment to overhaul the state's judicial review board. You know, the one that forced him to resign his judgeship. It was successful. This kind of slimy, self-serving bullshit goes on all the time here, and I know in other places. It's way worse than the US Congress.

And school boards? Holy fuck, if it weren't for the ACLU and other responsible watchdogs, our schools would be teaching flat earth theory. A 6000 year old flat earth.

Before the last two, the office of mayor of Atlanta seemed to require as a qualification that candidates have graduated from the Illinois Governor's School of Criminal Ethics. A past CEO of Dekalb county, where I live, was another self-serving crook (Dekalb County actually has more people than Atlanta, so he was more influential than the Atlanta mayor). That guy ran the county like a dictator. We had a sheriff who was defeated in an election and then the sheriff-elect was assassinated. Who killed him? The defeated incumbent.

This place is a fucking political cesspool and I haven't even mentioned the governor.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby geonuc » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:08 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:

Add MN's senior senator, Amy Klobuchar. I have heard her speak a couple times and I am so impressed by how genuine she is. She (along with Al) also strongly supports science education. They are both very strong supporters of equal rights.

I'm envious.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Poli-Tics