A comic about fashion, authoritarianism, and skull emblems

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

A comic about fashion, authoritarianism, and skull emblems

Postby lady_*nix » Tue May 07, 2019 6:52 pm

This is the most succinct summary I've seen of a thing that has bothered me a lot, for a long time:

"About Face: Death and surrender to power in the clothing of men."

https://popula.com/2019/02/24/about-face/

You can take or leave the jargon parts (I agree strongly with most of them), but this is a very real pattern, and it's part of why I refuse to wear anything with skull symbolism on it. It is not lost on me that the skull was the symbol of the Waffen SS, and it's not lost on the modern far right either.
lady_*nix

Re: A comic about fashion, authoritarianism, and skull emble

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed May 08, 2019 10:32 pm

I must live in the wrong part of the country. I have not seen the all blacked out trucks and the black & white American flags. But, the symbolism issue is a very interesting concept.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby lady_*nix » Thu May 09, 2019 2:42 pm

@Fisher yeah in Boston vehicles with black and white Blue Lives Matter flags are fairly common, and they're often blacked out.

Boston: actually pretty racist.
lady_*nix

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu May 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Along those lines I have observed that a large percentage of the population loves to get car windows tinted to the point that you literally cannot even see if there is anyone in the car. And there seems to be a correlation with rude driving behavior. Anonymity seems to encourage bad behavior.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics