Tucker Carlson endorses a would-be spree shooter

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Tucker Carlson endorses a would-be spree shooter

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:36 pm

Well this is fucked up.

https://www.themarysue.com/right-wing-d ... ttenhouse/

TMS is comparing it to the defense of George Zimmerman but I think it's worse TBH, this little creep was firing into a crowd. He showed up across state lines with an assault rifle with pretty clear intent to carry out a shooting spree, and only didn't manage it because he tripped and fell over.

The "self defense" shit is old, but Tucker Carlson is disturbingly mainstream for defending spree shooters, and honestly so is Ann Coulter - this is the sort of thing I'm more used to seeing from the MRAs and white supremacists. That loud sucking sound you hear is the Overton window being pulled much, much further to the right.
lady_*nix

Re: Tucker Carlson endorses a would-be spree shooter

Postby Rommie » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:58 pm

I confess after following some crazy stuff from Tucker over the last few months in particular I think anyone who's surprised by this isn't paying much attention. He's been a pretty constant stream of vile stuff and IMO I don't know if this is even particularly egregious for him.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Ah. *heavy sigh* I knew he'd gotten pretty far out but didn't realize it was this... extensive. This is the kind of shit I'd expect from Alex Jones or Paul Elam. :x
lady_*nix

Postby Rommie » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Yeah not saying I watch it, but let's just say the late night comedy hosts have been featuring more of him for at least the pandemic.

Incidentally, I always wonder a bit about the writers whose job it is to keep an eye on so much media to find the nuggets of hilarity. It must be an odd job because you can't even tune anything out else you'll miss something.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Rommie wrote:Yeah not saying I watch it, but let's just say the late night comedy hosts have been featuring more of him for at least the pandemic.

Incidentally, I always wonder a bit about the writers whose job it is to keep an eye on so much media to find the nuggets of hilarity. It must be an odd job because you can't even tune anything out else you'll miss something.

They probably burn out rapidly. I have this macabre vision of writers becoming withered husks with new ones needing to be kidnapped and put in the viewing room every 30 days or so. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby code monkey » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:40 pm

and pity the serious political analysts. they must watch it all without the distraction of looking for a good joke or inspiration for a skit. they know how real it all is.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Return to Poli-Tics