SCOTUS unanimously upholds access to mifepristone

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

SCOTUS unanimously upholds access to mifepristone

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:37 pm

Yes, you read that right: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng- ... ill-access

Every single justice upheld it. Even Thomas, despite his snide comments about "abortionists". Even fucking Barrett.

I wonder if the recent corruption scandals around SCOTUS are starting to scare the conservatives, and they're trying to look less biased in front of the public.
lady_*nix

Re: SCOTUS unanimously upholds access to mifepristone

Postby Rommie » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:23 pm

No. I just think that this case/argument was so fucking dumb because the people involved were not harmed, and there's a billions of dollars pharmaceutical industry that very much didn't want this to happen. If it was purely a case of "we aren't biased" a few of them would have ruled against, IMO.

I am sure Trump et al will use this regardless to point at "look, we can be reasonable!" so it's important to remind people that this ruling would not change the Comstock Law they want to put into place if Trump gets reelected.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:09 pm

Thanks, Rommie, and noted :(
lady_*nix

Postby Rommie » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:22 pm

Yeah, the important thing to recognize here is it was a procedural ruling, bc they couldn't find someone actually harmed by the standard, so there's nothing stopping them from finding someone who was "harmed" and trying again. :(
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:50 pm

That makes sense. Alas.

Might also be another side of buffering really bad rulings, like they did last time. This for instance: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... n-decision

I kind of wonder if they're gearing up to rule in favor of Trump re his crimes in office.
lady_*nix

Return to Poli-Tics