Illegal Lemonade Stand

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Illegal Lemonade Stand

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm

results in several dozen police officers being dispatched to arrest them all. I could understand giving them a ticket, but arresting them?

And the female cop is a real fucking bitch.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Illegal Lemonade Stand

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:09 pm

"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 pm

I want to live in a land of freedoms, where a business can set itself up anywhere and no one has the right to move it.
McDonalds in the middle of National parks, mining in Marine parks, gun shops in the capitol building.
Is this the real America, where we have the right to be assholes at others expense?
I hope not.
FZR1KG

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:51 pm

I just think the response was heavy-handed. Write them a ticket. Fine them. But arrest them? I don't know. I get what they're trying to do - they're trying to protest over the top laws. They probably didn't go about it in the best way since their message seems to have been lost.
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Its just a shade clearer than lady GaGa wearing a meat dress to point out the issues of gays in the military...ooookkkkk
FZR1KG

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:23 pm

:P
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Swift » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:57 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:http://www.lemonadefreedom.com/

From that link
“We don’t shut down lemonade stands,” she said. “No one was ticketed, no one was cautioned or arrested, it was only one officer at the scene and that is the extent of what took place.”

I couldn't watch the video in the first link at work, and the "article" attached to it was just a rant with no info.

This might be "much ado about nothing" and mostly an example of the Internet blowing things about of proportion, IMO.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby Parrothead » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 pm

I thought it sounded familiar. Yeah, no charges laid, stand not shut down. In the summer it's lemonade stands, other times of year, it's road hockey. Things get blown out of proportion. I almost posted about it back when it happened, but decided it was much ado about nothing. My personal take, one complains about the noise, parent of kids plays up the visit by the cops.

edit: In a story from a couple of days ago:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2013/07/27/21008081.html
Parrothead

Postby Rommie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:45 am

The Hungarian and Dutch have a term for news in the summertime called "cucumber season" where they start reporting on random crap because they have nothing important to say while everyone is on vacation, so they have to seek out random little stories to fill the time. I always think the annual "shutting down a lemonade stand" stories are a classic example of them.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Return to Poli-Tics