Pet Peeve

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Pet Peeve

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:07 pm

People that pretend they'll be up front with you, but instead, are really passive aggressive and condescending, all the while insisting they have no problem with you. It's disingenuous and fucking cowardly. I'm not stupid!
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Pet Peeve

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Passive-Aggressive: pretending to be in agreement with someone or something while secretly hating it and planning to sabotage it the first chance one gets.

From Wiki: Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

For research purposes, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) revision IV describes passive-aggressive personality disorder as a "pervasive pattern of negativistic attitudes and passive resistance to demands for adequate performance in social and occupational situations.”

Why am I stating the obvious? I think we forget that one of the chief components of passive aggressive behavior is that it stems from hostility.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant