Why don't people buy tickets online?

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Why don't people buy tickets online?

Postby Loresinger » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Online ticket sales for the Brain Bash have been terrible - while the "event" on face book show 26 people coming we have only four tickets sold (all from FWIS). We need 16 people to break even. But we need bodies to make the baskets etc. move. I'm going to feel like a shit if all these entertainers donate their time and only volunteers show up...

ok.. that's my boo hoo moment for today.
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Re: Why don't people buy tickets online?

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:13 pm

To be honest, I was kind of afraid this would happen... I'm really sorry.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Post ads on Craigslist.
Have a couple of kids go to the mall and hand out flyers. If the mall will let you have them put them on windshields.
See if one of your local grocery stores will let you put a stack of flyers by the doors.
Call your local public radio/public television station and see if they will give you a free public announcement (advertisement) and include the website and a telephone number for ticket sales.

It takes some effort to get through the "noise" competing for everyone's attention these days.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Loresinger » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:29 pm

had not considered craigs list

got it in art voice, sent to buffalo news and buffalo spree, also several radio stations, given out to co-workers who are networking, given to various friends around the area who are networking.

well if push comes to shove I will take whatever we have left from the event and do an online silent auction (a few items weekly) and the winner pays postage (or I will do it on EBay but I hate to pay fees if we can find other means.

I will post announcements again next friday on all entertainer boards. That is all I can do.
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby Swift » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:Call your local public radio/public television station and see if they will give you a free public announcement (advertisement) and include the website and a telephone number for ticket sales.

Actually, I go for regular radio/TV more. Local radio and TV stations seem to love this kind of thing; nice human interest spot.

In the old days, you would create a Press Release and mail it to all the local TV and radio stations. You might still do that, but you also might send e-mail. Often, local TV news has the particular reporter who is the human interest reporter - I would send them an e-mail directly. I'm sure you can get that stuff off their websites.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby Thumper » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I agree about local regular radio. I heard two announcements for benefit activities on Saturday while I was mowing. It's part of their FCC license to do community outreach and public service stuff.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Thumper wrote:I agree about local regular radio. I heard two announcements for benefit activities on Saturday while I was mowing. It's part of their FCC license to do community outreach and public service stuff.

huh.
Wonder why this isn't banned as unconstitutional.
Maybe big business licenses need a similar section.
FZR1KG

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant