Just shut the fuck up or lower you voice

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Just shut the fuck up or lower you voice

Postby vendic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:16 pm

I'm at the airport trying to post and this woman uses a power outlet near me and starts talking to a guy she just met by virtually yelling and talking 100 miles an hour. Damn.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Re: Just shut the fuck up or lower you voice

Postby pumpkinpi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:24 pm

vendic wrote:I'm at the airport trying to post and this woman uses a power outlet near me and starts talking to a guy she just met by virtually yelling and talking 100 miles an hour. Damn.

Some people just don't know how to moderate their voices. My worst experience was when MrPi was in the hospital recovering from an appendectomy, trying to get some sleep after pain all night and surgery in the morning. A nurse came in the room multiple times to look after his roommate, and I swear she was at 100 dB. I asked her if she could talk in a lower tone for my husband's sake. She just rolled her eyes at me. I remember getting the impression that people ask her to do that all the time, and she finds it insulting.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 am

Yeah. I find airports to be some of the loudest environments I have to tolerate. :shock:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby code monkey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:10 pm

the biggest problem with that is that the conversations are never anything one would want to hear.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby vendic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 pm

code monkey wrote:the biggest problem with that is that the conversations are never anything one would want to hear.

Yep. It wasn't note worthy.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant