Words I hate

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Re: Words I hate

Postby Rommie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:20 am

I always figured "I take full responsibility" is on par with when they ask Queen Elizabeth on some development she doesn't really care about (Charles finally marrying Camilla, Harry's latest girlfriend, whatever) and they always say that she is "delighted." Though perhaps in reverse, as I always kinda love that phrase cause it doesn't really tell you much of anything.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby Swift » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:
Swift wrote:Am I the only one who thought of this for this thread.

I've never seen that before. There's five minutes of my life I'll never get back...

Actually, you will. You'll live 5 minutes longer than you would have otherwise. Well, actually 95 minutes... the cummulative amount of all those "five minutes I'll never get back" you've had up to this point in time.

Please use the time wisely. :halo:
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby Loresinger » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 pm

"like"

as in "like... " teen verbiage.

Z - taking full responsibility and then FIXING it is the key. Talking vs. walking is what matters to me (and I think to you)
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Yep, taking responsibility is about doing something to fix the mess because you acknowledge you are the one that messed it up.
It's not about just saying the words, like say, like Bush Jnr did.
FZR1KG

Postby pumpkinpi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:12 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:
fungi--plural of mushrooms, of course. My department at work was hiring an assistant professor of evolutionary mycology & curator of fungi, and for weeks I would get emails about the interview candidates. I could not stand seeing the word "fungi" in my inbox.

"

Poultry. Ok, the word itself isn't so bad. But now my department is in search of a poultry science assistant professor, so I'm getting emails about those candidates. Every time I see it I think of a slab of raw chicken breast. I'll try to think of live chickens instead so it isn't so disgusting. FZ and SFC, do you have any pics of yours? :mrgreen:
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Ask and you shall receive.

FZR1KG

Postby Loresinger » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:49 pm

aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

too cute
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby pumpkinpi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby Swift » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:08 am

Great, someone posts some pictures of some really cute chicks in this thread! :P
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby FZR1KG » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:29 am

pumpkinpi wrote:Thanks.

You're welcome.
I choose the chicks because they are cute but if you want to see the adults, just let me know.
FZR1KG

Previous

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant