How CBP treats children

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

How CBP treats children

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 pm

They keep them in giant holding cells. It's like something out of 1942.

https://www.azcentral.com/picture-galle ... e:10807759

They separate them from their parents at the border to put them in this.

I think there need to be trials of the people responsible. And maybe hangings.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: How CBP treats children

Postby Rommie » Mon May 28, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm in Europe at a conference and can't view it here because of the new privacy rules (a few news sites have gone dark). Anyone have another link? I've only seen folks sharing this one.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby geonuc » Mon May 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Rommie wrote:I'm in Europe at a conference and can't view it here because of the new privacy rules (a few news sites have gone dark). Anyone have another link? I've only seen folks sharing this one.

I can't find one. The link is a series of ten photographs (taken by an AP reporter) of the inside of a Customs & Border Patrol holding facility. Several of the photos show CBP agents helping children do things like make phone calls and get clothing. None of the photos are horrifying. Which is not to justify what is happening but it's not like Abu Ghraib or anything.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Did this get covered back in 2014 when those pictures were actually taken?
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue May 29, 2018 7:45 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:Did this get covered back in 2014 when those pictures were actually taken?

I don't recall anything from then. What is disturbing is that they cannot account for over 1400 children they supposedly took into custody. The latest statement is that they are not required to keep track of them once they give them to a sponsor. And a sponsor may be someone who is here illegally and/or a trafficker in sex/humans/children. :shock:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue May 29, 2018 8:49 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
SciFi Chick wrote:Did this get covered back in 2014 when those pictures were actually taken?

I don't recall anything from then. What is disturbing is that they cannot account for over 1400 children they supposedly took into custody. The latest statement is that they are not required to keep track of them once they give them to a sponsor. And a sponsor may be someone who is here illegally and/or a trafficker in sex/humans/children. :shock:

It's been disturbing for years. One of the reasons we need real reform.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant