Mistaken Foreclosure Proceedings

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Mistaken Foreclosure Proceedings

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 pm

So they got the wrong address, and because her lawn wasn't mowed, just assumed it was the right address.

And now they don't want to pay retail to replace her belongings. Unfuckingbelievable. She should sue them.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Mistaken Foreclosure Proceedings

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 pm

If she doesn't have an attorney she definitely should get one. And she should be sure that the legal fees are included in her claim against the bank. I suspect the bank will pay her something. Sadly, it probably won't be full replacement value unless the attorney is involved. Even your home owners insurance won't replace your personal belongings at full value unless you pay extra for the increased coverage.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Holy fuck. I'm no lawyer, but there was clearly breaking and entering and robbery going on here.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Rommie wrote:Holy fuck. I'm no lawyer, but there was clearly breaking and entering and robbery going on here.

No no.
Banks don't break and enter.
They do repossess and grab.
FZR1KG

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:49 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:If she doesn't have an attorney she definitely should get one. And she should be sure that the legal fees are included in her claim against the bank. I suspect the bank will pay her something. Sadly, it probably won't be full replacement value unless the attorney is involved. Even your home owners insurance won't replace your personal belongings at full value unless you pay extra for the increased coverage.

You know, I can see a big money making scheme with that knowledge.
FZR1KG

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant