I HATE BLACK FRIDAY REDUX

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

I HATE BLACK FRIDAY REDUX

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:45 pm

I gave up on Black Friday a long time ago. It just chapped me that the advertisements would come out and tell you about the awesome deal the store had. You would go to the store on Black Friday less than an hour after the store opened and every single really hot sale item was gone. Yeah, like they only had 2 of them and they were grabbed 5 minutes before the store opened by the shitbird clerk who was saving them for their friend.

Needless to say, I haven't physically gone to a Black Friday sale in more years than I care to recall.

Yesterday I received an email from Best Buy inviting me to look at their early Black Friday deals online. I looked. I was interested in buying one of the new IPads. They had a great deal! Save $100 off the model with 128 GB. Click! Click! Click! "We are sorry but that sale is only available for in-store pickup. The nearest store with an available IPad is over 250 miles from your address". GAH! #Ihateblackfriday #bestbuysucks #bestbuyfail

Looks like that freaking shitbird clerk beat me again! :scream:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: I HATE BLACK FRIDAY REDUX

Postby geonuc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:49 pm

AN ALL CAPS RANT!

I haven't ever done a Black Friday thing, and probably never will. I understand that when you have a youngster in the house, your perspective on that might be different.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 pm

geonuc wrote:AN ALL CAPS RANT!

I haven't ever done a Black Friday thing, and probably never will. I understand that when you have a youngster in the house, your perspective on that might be different.

The hook for me was getting that 128GB storage for $100 less. I admit the price of an "entry level" IPad has come down a lot. It's less than $600 by the time you buy the accessories, pay tax, and etc. But... that is the 32 GB model. And I just hate the idea of running out of room on the tablet. And to make it just a bit more frustrating Apple seems to have phased out the 64GB option on their new tablets. It's 32 or 128. Getting the 128 GB tablet for $329 instead of $429 would have been ideal.

And then... to realize that the bat rastards played the bait and switch game online just like they used to when I was trying to buy Christmas for five children and assorted family members. I suppose you might say it triggered my old, long buried, PTSD. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby geonuc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm

I believe it's now BFTSD.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Rommie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:22 pm

The thing that's fascinated me since living abroad is how Black Friday has now been exported to other countries. Ok, I mean Canada is next door so maybe that makes sense, but they've even started doing these sales in the Netherlands! It's super weird there, but people basically know it from consuming American media, so in this global world why not try to capitalize off that? :?

It's funny though, because even though Black Friday is one of those things people ask me about as an American for my experiences, I can always just say I've never done it and am not planning to start anytime soon.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby pumpkinpi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Black Friday is actually one of the busiest days in the museum world! (Coming close is President's Day). So we spend so much time talking about our BF staffing plans that it's come to take on an entirely different meaning for me! I have never gone shopping on BF.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:44 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:Black Friday is actually one of the busiest days in the museum world! (Coming close is President's Day). So we spend so much time talking about our BF staffing plans that it's come to take on an entirely different meaning for me! I have never gone shopping on BF.

Now that is a really interesting bit of information. "What do you want to do the day after turkey and pie day? Let's all go to the museum!" :o
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:40 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
pumpkinpi wrote:Black Friday is actually one of the busiest days in the museum world! (Coming close is President's Day). So we spend so much time talking about our BF staffing plans that it's come to take on an entirely different meaning for me! I have never gone shopping on BF.

Now that is a really interesting bit of information. "What do you want to do the day after turkey and pie day? Let's all go to the museum!" :o

My family often went to the movies the day after TG. I believe that others did this as well. I've never BF shopped. But The Kid, Mrs. T and my sister would sometimes get up early and go "enjoy the day."
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant