Phones...

Phones...

Postby cid » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Am now the proud owner of two cell phones:
Samsung T105G (the simplest one you can get -- not a smart phone -- not even a dumb one, it's that limited; talk & text, PERIOD)
Samsung SGH - T404G (a semi-smart phone, formerly Mom's -- no more service, but...read on).

I need to investigate numerous things.
Is there a data download cable so I can take all the pix/etc's off the 404 and save them? Would I need some software or PINs to do it?
If I can just download things, even if I never use it as a phone again, I'll have a handy dandy camera with a calculator and other built in apps...

Once I get time, I might go thru Samsung or TracFone and see if I can transfer the service from the 105 to the 404. Will be interesting to see if I can,
what the costs will be, and will my deal stay the same(bought the 105 at walMart with a special deal -- for the life of the phone, double the minutes on the
reload card.) If that doesn't go, I'll stay as I am, use the 105 to communicate and just keep the 404 as a convenient tool.

Info? Commentary? Ideas?

cid
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Re: Phones...

Postby FZR1KG » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Usually they have a sd card that this information is stored on.
You may need to get a carrier as it's a micro SD card not a full size.
FZR1KG

Postby cid » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:58 pm

True, but from what I've seen (and this has not yet been confirmed by Samsung), there is a cable that plugs into the phone and a PC,
thereby allowing charging AND downloads of data on the phone. Seeing as I have no other way to get this stuff off the phoene,
it'd be neat if this can be confirmed.
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:30 am

If it is a standard Samsung style it should accomodate any micro usb data/charger cable. One end is a standard USB connector the other is the micro connector.

Amazon carries them for as little as $5.56 with free shipping if you are a Prime member. Make sure it is a combination data/charger cable. Plug the USB connector into your favorite CPU and the micro end into the Samsung phone and Wah Lah!

Assuming your OS recognizes the USB device and auto installs the drivers you should have no problem. if it doesn't install the drivers you get to practice your new IT skills. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby FZR1KG » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:06 pm

You'll need their Kia(spelling may be wrong), software to run it and I don't recommend it.
Been there done that. Took a while to clean the shit off and its huge.
FZR1KG

Return to Sci-Tech… and Stuff