The Last Ship

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

The Last Ship

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Watching the first episode. It's decent drama. The premise is the typical "really bad virus wipes out all the people and civilization too" post apocolyptic SF made for TV show.

Don't watch it if you insist on things being 100% by the book for science accuracy. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: The Last Ship

Postby FZR1KG » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:09 pm

First episode was good.
Rapidly went down hill after that with stupid plot.
You'll groan at some of the stuff seeing as you're a military man.
We stopped watching it but sometimes they make a comeback and we might try again.
FZR1KG

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:25 pm

FZR1KG wrote:First episode was good.
Rapidly went down hill after that with stupid plot.
You'll groan at some of the stuff seeing as you're a military man.
We stopped watching it but sometimes they make a comeback and we might try again.

I gave up a long time ago on military and police actions and procedures on TV especially. Some of it is because hollywood has to make it look good. Of course, sometimes people do really stupid stuff in real life too. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Loresinger » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:52 pm

looks left..

looks right

who???
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby geonuc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:38 pm

I watch it even though I know the military and science stuff is often bad. But if they keep doing stupid shit, I may give up.

It's based on a fairly good book, but there the end of the world scenario was nuclear war.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby FZR1KG » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:46 pm

geonuc wrote:I watch it even though I know the military and science stuff is often bad. But if they keep doing stupid shit, I may give up.

You mean like finding a random guy and sending him out on a critical mission instead of a team that knows each other so well they can anticipate each other? lol

I get really tired of dumb shit the movies do when it comes to portraying the military.
It's like they have their heads so far up their asses they have no clue and miss the most basic stuff.
And, I'm not even in the military or have ever been!!!

I do hear though that snipers can shoot a man out to 300 yards...
What she forgot to say is, "If they have no gun and use a slingshot".
FZR1KG

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:22 pm

FZR1KG wrote:
geonuc wrote:I watch it even though I know the military and science stuff is often bad. But if they keep doing stupid shit, I may give up.

You mean like finding a random guy and sending him out on a critical mission instead of a team that knows each other so well they can anticipate each other? lol

I get really tired of dumb shit the movies do when it comes to portraying the military.
It's like they have their heads so far up their asses they have no clue and miss the most basic stuff.
And, I'm not even in the military or have ever been!!!

I do hear though that snipers can shoot a man out to 300 yards...
What she forgot to say is, "If they have no gun and use a slingshot".

I can't decide if they just try to keep everything at the level of the average viewer or if they really think the military is that narrow minded, literal, and dumb as a box of rocks. :P
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:21 am

SciFiFisher wrote:I can't decide if they just try to keep everything at the level of the average viewer or if they really think the military is that narrow minded, literal, and dumb as a box of rocks. :P

Pretty sure it's the liberal bias much of the industry has and predominantly due to circle jerk induced ignorance.
I know how to shoot and my father was a gunny. Doesn't make me military but I sure can pick someone that has no clue whatsoever about it or weapons.
FZR1KG

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments