Talking to the Screen

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Talking to the Screen

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:13 am

Apparently, it's weird to talk to people on screen, because "they can't hear you". At least, that's what my husband tells me.

It seems that it freaks him out when I'm in my office watching a movie online, and I react verbally.

Anyone want to back up my explanation about how it is being a writer/actress... you'd think he's be used to this after ten years, but instead, it freaks him out. Ah, well. C'est la vie. :D He tells me he wants me to write. Unfortunately for him, he's only known me since I've been in the throes of writer's block. Little does he know that I'm working my way out and talking to the screen is part of that.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Talking to the Screen

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:53 am

I am not a writer/actor perse. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn. :P

But, I do talk to the screen. Well, the people on the screen anyway. But, it's usually along the lines of "you idiot. the flashlight doesn't work but you are going to walk into the really dark room anyway?!?"
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby brite » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:15 am

SciFiFisher wrote:I am not a writer/actor perse. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn. :P

But, I do talk to the screen. Well, the people on the screen anyway. But, it's usually along the lines of "you idiot. the flashlight doesn't work but you are going to walk into the really dark room anyway?!?"

Oh please.... You would argue with Kyra Sedgewick's character on the Closer over how to conduct an interrogation!
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby Loresinger » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:44 pm

oh hell yes, I talk to the screen... my stapler... my hole puncher and anything else that will "listen" :rockon:

it's funny because at work we often apologize to each other realizing our internal conversation became external and no one knew what it was about (talk about non-sequitur). Thankfully we all do it LOL
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Postby Ikyoto » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:26 am

Talk away. I had to learn not to scream and throw things.
Ikyoto
Fine Arts Purveyor

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments