Glen Larson - RIP

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Glen Larson - RIP

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:32 pm

The creator of many of my childhood favorites has passed away.

His resume includes but is not limited to:

Battlestar Galactica
Magnum P.I.
The Six Million Dollar Man
Knight Rider
The Fall Guy

Again, I say, RIP.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Glen Larson - RIP

Postby Thumper » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 pm

And Quincy, I believe.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Parrothead » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Yup, Quincy was part of his list, too.

I've been working my way through S2 of The Six Million Dollar Man. I'll probably add S3 to my collection and then stop, IIRC, the show started dropping off part way through S3. As it is a few episodes I remember, but others it is like watching the show anew. The second disc on S2 starts with the episodes The Seven Million Dollar Man and Straight On 'til Morning, those will be the next ones I watch.
Parrothead

Postby Thumper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:22 pm

I remember loving the Six Million Dollar Man. Somewhere I still have the Steve Austin action figure...
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Parrothead » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:54 pm

One of the later episodes in S2, has a storyline about Steve on an island with a Japanese soldier who doesn't believe WWII is over. Robert Ito (also played in Quincy) is a guest star. So far, I've only watched 12 0f the 22 episodes.
Parrothead

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Thumper wrote:I remember loving the Six Million Dollar Man. Somewhere I still have the Steve Austin action figure...

When I was six years old, I got the Steve Austin action figure, the Jaime Summers action figure, and the lab. I could take the batteries out of their arms and replace them. It was so much fun. I also got a Six Million Dollar Man t-shirt.

My first boyfriend (at seven), and I had a hill right behind our apartment complex. We would run up the hill in slow motion while doing the sound effects from the show.

Yeah - I was a little obsessed. roll:

I was just thrilled when they finally got together decades later in a TV movie with Sandra Bullock as the new generation.

I also watched the short lived new version of The Bionic Woman. It had Starbuck (Katie Sackoff) as a bad guy. It wasn't bad, but it didn't find an audience. It also wasn't as good as the first one. Lindsay Wagner inspired empathy.

One of these days, I'd like to own all the DVDs and rewatch it was well. I was scarred for life, at seven, when Jaime "died" from rejecting the bionics. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments