The mockingjay, spoiler alert

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

The mockingjay, spoiler alert

Postby vendic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:59 pm

So I finished watching it this morning.
What can I say, not that impressed with part 2, it's been a long time since I saw part 1 so can't comment too much on that one.
Part 2 was for me at least predictable, long and kind of boring. One character (Gale) was messed up beyond what I thought was reasonable given the circumstances but that didn't bother me too much. It was the boredom really.

I still think Battle Royale was better but I haven't seen part two of that yet.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Re: The mockingjay, spoiler alert

Postby code monkey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:55 am

read the books. much better than the films.
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Re: The mockingjay, spoiler alert

Postby vendic » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:30 pm

I don't read much anymore even though I find books are usually better than the movies, with the odd exceptions. I was a big reader a long time ago doing a book every day or two depending on the size but that was a long time ago. My reading now consists of user manuals, technical documentation and things like "Machinery's Handbook". In fact, now that you mention it, I might get back to reading that one.

It's a short story about machines, at only 2500 pages it'll be a quick read. lol
More seriously, it's a handbook of almost every aspect of machinery that started over 100 years ago and is constantly being added to as technology advances. Threads, tooling, drills, reamers, gears etc and describes the full details of how to make any one off these. Full of math and tables. If civilization was destroyed leaving no infrastructure, this book would be the fastest way to rebuild. It would be worth more than anything else in existence, in my opinion anyway. Perfect for people that can't go to sleep at night. :)
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments