RIP Dolores O'Riordan

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

RIP Dolores O'Riordan

Postby Swift » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:47 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/15/cranberries-singer-dolores-oriordan-dies-aged-46?CMP=fb_gu

The Cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan has died in London at the age of 46, her publicist has confirmed.

A statement from her publicist said: “Irish and international singer Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London today. She was 46 years old.

“The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session. No further details are available at this time.

That makes me very sad.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Re: RIP Dolores O'Riordan

Postby Thumper » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:42 pm

I heard about it mid day yesterday in the garage while working on a car. Then a buddy texted me about it last night. It indeed made me sad as well. I got the chance to see her and the Cranberries once some years ago. It was a good show.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Swift » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Thumper wrote:I heard about it mid day yesterday in the garage while working on a car. Then a buddy texted me about it last night. It indeed made me sad as well. I got the chance to see her and the Cranberries once some years ago. It was a good show.

We did too.... at Blossom (the outdoor music venue near Cleveland). That had to have been 20 years ago.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby Thumper » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Yep, they played our defunct shed down here. Now that you mention it, it was about 20 years ago because it was Pre-Kid. I think Toad the Wet Sprocket opened for them that night. Not to be ghoulish but I haven't found anything about the cause of death. Only that it was "sudden" and that at this point it was not considered suspicious. But it's sad regardless.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Swift » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Thumper wrote:Yep, they played our defunct shed down here. Now that you mention it, it was about 20 years ago because it was Pre-Kid. I think Toad the Wet Sprocket opened for them that night. Not to be ghoulish but I haven't found anything about the cause of death. Only that it was "sudden" and that at this point it was not considered suspicious. But it's sad regardless.

That's about what I heard

Swift

Postby Thumper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:40 pm

-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm

I was listening to various "Tiny Desk Concerts" by NPR and stumbled across This One. Many of these are quite good. This isn't the only one to make me cry today.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Swift » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Thumper wrote:I was listening to various "Tiny Desk Concerts" by NPR and stumbled across This One. Many of these are quite good. This isn't the only one to make me cry today.

Must be very dusty at my work today.

Swift

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments