A Music Thread

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

A Music Thread

Postby Parrothead » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:24 am

Was listening to some of my recent purchases earlier. I finally got around to getting these on CD, my cassette copies are streched out.

Dalbello's "Whomanfoursays" album. It's from the mid-80's, her move from pop to edgier stuff. Words and music on the album by Dalbello. Musicians Dalbello and Mick Ronson, produced by Dalbello and Ronson. My fav songs from this album: "Gonna Get Close To You", "Wait For An Answer", "Devious Nature","Cardinal Sin", "Animal", and "Path of Least Resistance".

A couple of the remastered, expanded and reissued releases by Echo & the Bunnymen. "Ocean Rain" was out of stock, so I'll have to try to get that one at a later date,I love that album. I did receive their "Crocodiles" and "Porcupine" releases. These reissues came out back in '03, I finally got around to ordering, albums originally from the early 80's. Fave songs from these: "Crocodiles" album: "Crocodiles", "Rescue", "Villiers Terrace", "All That Jazz", bonus tracks: "Do It Clean", "Read It In Books", "Simple Stuff" and the four live tracks added at the end. From "Porcupine" : "The Cutter", "The Back of Love", "Clay", "Heads Will Roll", "Gods Will Be Gods". From the bonus tracks: "Fuel" and "Never Stop (Discoteque)" .

What have others been listening to?
Parrothead

Re: A Music Thread

Postby geonuc » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:07 am

Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Parrothead » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:24 pm

A radio re-broadcast of a live session recorded with Peter Appleyard. It's being played as a tribute to the canadian jazz great, that passed away on Thursday.
Parrothead

Postby Swift » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:56 pm

My wife recently got me John Fogerty's new album "Wrote a Song for Everyone".

I'm a huge fan; I would say I really liked the album, maybe a 7 out of 10. I would only recommend it for serious fans. It is a greatest hits album, with a couple of new songs. The schtick is that John does each song with a different artist or band, and the song is done in that band's style, with John going along with it. As you might expect, some work better than others. The first one, Fortunate Son with the Foo Fighters is probably the best. There is definitely a leaning toward more country bands and a country flavor. The Zac Brown Band's version of Bad Moon Rising makes it sound like a happy song. Good, but not great.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby geonuc » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 am

I liked Fogerty's Centerfield album.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Parrothead » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Being the Civic holiday/Simcoe Day long weekend in Ontario, Caribana, er, Toronto Caribbean Carnival, is in full swing. The Carnival parade is currently going on downtown and on the Exhibition grounds. For my part I'm currently spinning Arrow's "Soca Savage" lp. It's track listing:

Side A: Party Mix, Long Time, Let's Do It.
Side B: Colombia Rock, Prum-Prum, Beating Round De Bush, Hot Hot Hot.

Cheers! :D
Parrothead

Postby Parrothead » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:37 am

Got the "Ocean Rain" '03 reissue, sounds great! I like the whole album, but especially what was the original B-side of "Killing Moon", "Seven Seas", "My Kingdom" and "Ocean Rain". The re-issue includes "Angels and Devils" ( the b-side to the "Silver" single) and 7 other "bonus tracks". :D

I also ordered a couple of OMD re-issues, which I'm still waiting on. :) Been filling a few gaps in my CD collection.

Edit: The OMD re-issues arrived today. I know the albums well enough, it'll be interesting hearing some of the "B-sides" and extended mixes that are added on as extras to the "Architecture & Morality" and "Dazzle Ships" albums. Somehow, I missed these CD reissue releases in '03 and '08, have been enjoying the lps since the early 80's.
Parrothead

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments