RIP Robin Williams

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Re: RIP Robin Williams

Postby FZR1KG » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:22 am

Rommie wrote:Hahaha ok, his Renaissance that saved his career was when I was a kid, that ok? ;)

I had that whole light bulb moment hit me when I realised my version of recent is more like your distant past. lol
It's funny, sometimes I think oh that wasn't so long ago. Then I reality hits and it's close to 30 years ago.
FZR1KG

Postby squ1d » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:55 am

FZR1KG wrote:I'm not broken up about it either. I mean it's sad that he died the way he did but I really didn't know the guy.

Yeah, after losing a real friend last month, abstract actor guy I never met doesn't really register. Having said that, I enjoyed his stuff.
squ1d

Postby FZR1KG » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:41 pm

squ1d wrote:
FZR1KG wrote:I'm not broken up about it either. I mean it's sad that he died the way he did but I really didn't know the guy.

Yeah, after losing a real friend last month, abstract actor guy I never met doesn't really register. Having said that, I enjoyed his stuff.

My best friends father hung himself when I was in my early 20's due to depression. He was also the classic joker and just made us laugh all the time.
I can really sympathise and relate with the family and close friends of R.W. but having said that, I was neither of those things with him and the level of intensity that hit me regarding my mates dad and R.W. basically makes the latter like you say, not even register.

I have seen people really take the death of celebrities hard. People crying and wailing after Lady Di's death.
I was like, wtf.
But that's just me.
FZR1KG

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:27 pm

FZR1KG wrote:I have seen people really take the death of celebrities hard. People crying and wailing after Lady Di's death.
I was like, wtf.
But that's just me.

Sweetheart, you've been all wtf when I take the death of a fictional character hard and cry during a movie. I'd be curious to know if people who don't get attached to celebrities also don't get attached to fictional characters. I just wonder if there's any connection. I mean - obviously whatever I think I know about Robin Williams probably rates right up there with a fictional character.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby squ1d » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:55 am

Like Bambi's mum all over again :(
squ1d

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 pm

squ1d wrote:Like Bambi's mum all over again :(

:rofl: Pretty much. It took marrying Z to get past the Disney programming and get back in touch with my native roots. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Previous

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments