Mannix

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Re: Mannix

Postby Parrothead » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Still enjoying the series, I'm almost halfway through S5. I got the S4 set of Diagnosis: Murder, so I have those episodes to watch, including the one episode that's a sequel to a S7 episode Mannix episode. LOL, that D:M set has an episode where one doctor dies on an operating table, turns out to be murder. Actors portraying doctors in this episode: Jack Klugman, Chad Everett , Wayne Rogers and Bernie Koppell. Four others are portrayed by soap stars who played doctors. None portray the characters they were on their other shows.
Parrothead

Postby Parrothead » Mon May 28, 2018 8:09 pm

I'm finished! Watched the last few episodes on the weekend. All 8 seasons, 194 episodes watched. Heh, final few episodes: third last, small bit/cameo by Tom Selleck. Second last episode, Jonathan Hillerman portraying a hit man, who hires Mannix to find the body (not telling him he's the hit man), which went missing and he wants to get paid for the hit. Final episode, four mobsters on trial, among them William Windom ( Dr. Seth Hazlett on "Murder, She Wrote") holed up after attempting to break out, during their trial. Want Mannix to get the youngun, that turned on them (played by John Ritter). Ritter's character dating Windom character's daughter, these latter two live in a house, that again resembles the interior of the "Brady" house, making by my count, five times that interior was used in Mannix episodes. During the final season, a handful of episodes were directed by Bill Bixby, guest starred in one, Mannix and him were in an empty office building, thieves were looting various businesses. Thieves kept in contact by radio/walkie-talkies, hmmm. No elevator shafts or vent systems were used in the episode.

Enjoyed watching this series again, would have been nice if the "Diagnosis:Murder" episode "Hard Boiled Murder" that is a sequel of sorts to the "Mannix" episode would have been included as an extra in the box set. The Mannix episode is an extra on the S4 set of "Diagnosis:Murder". I'll now watch the other episodes from S4 of "Diagnosis:Murder" and I also have the one season set of "The Magician" (1973-74) starring Bill Bixby, to watch. For levity, I watch episodes of "Pinky and the Brain" :P
Parrothead

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 pm

I love "Pinky and the Brain".

Pinky: Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight?

The Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Parrothead » Tue May 29, 2018 9:56 pm

Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering, what I'm pondering?"

Pinky: "I think so Brain, but ... "

I have the 3 volumes of P&TB on DVD, plus one VHS that has 5 P&TB cartoons from "Animaniacs". :D
Parrothead

Previous

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments